WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Phuket - Day 3 & 4

Day 3. As promised, we were punctual this time round. The tour van picked us up together with some other tourists around Patong area at 7:30am. By 9am, we were already on a speedboat cruising to the Khai Islands which comprises of 3 smaller islands namely Khai Noi, Khai Lak and Khai dunno what... can't remember. Not sure whether I even get the first two right.

(First snorkelling stop in the middle of no where. Peace.)
When I first jumped off the boat into the cold sea at our first snorkelling stop, one of these cute little fishy bit my sexy thigh. Ok la... the cute little fish must have bitten me accidentally. He/she must've thought I am food.

(finally making full use of my marine casing)


After our snorkelling session in the middle of no where, we were dropped off at this small little island for swimming and sun bathing. The sand were soft & white. It felt like cotton under my feet. Wanted to tapau some home for decoration purpose but I forgotten to bring along an empty mineral water bottle. If I try hard enough, I should be able to find one around there, but I am also a little lazy. So forget it. Will collect from Cherating instead as we will be going there in Dec.

(Colourful umbrellas dotting the white sandy beach of Khai dunno what island. Pretty right?)


As Josephine & I were exploring this little island, we came across this aunty harvesting oyster from some rocky patch. How she did it was, she used a little sharp hammer and knocked it on the shell (to me, I can't really tell which is rock and which is shell. It looks the same.). Once broken, she will use a dinner knife and scrape the oyster out. I tried to tell her to let me try but she just smile and continue showing us how it was done. The strangest thing is, as I was watching her does her stuff, I thought I can taste 'orr-chien' (fried oyster egg).

(an islander harvesting mini oyster - yummy orr chien)


(found this crab in its' hiding place)

After this, we hopped onto another island. Another Khai island. Coral fishes are abundant on the shallow ends of this island and they are not afraid of people. I was initially sitting in the water with the colourful fishes swimming around me peacefully until this stupid Korean guy threw a piece of bread my direction. No doubt the fishes are small & cute, but when they start charging at you, cute is no longer the right word to describe them. It's scary.

(Fish feeding; fishes feeding on me.)


That morning, I was bitten 3 times by these supposely cute little fishes. Josephine actually saw one that was circling by ankle before it sunked its teeth into it. Scary huh? Little piranhas. I gave up snorkelling on the third bite and enjoy the sandy beach instead. No, I didn't built sand castle.

We got back to our hotel at 1:30pm, had burger king lunch, showered and lazed. In the evening, we hitched a ride on the hotel's shuttle boat to Laguna Beach.

(the Laguna shuttle boat which provide shuttle service between all resorts within the Laguna's Estate)


(Some of the water villas)

(Sunset at Laguna Beach Front, breathtaking!)

As we were all showered and clean, we were too lazy to swim in the sea. We just look see look see and hopped back onto the shuttle boat for our resort. Upon reaching, we drove straight to Patong for our dinner. Halfway thru, we stopover at a "Pasar Malam" in a village. A variety of stuff are being sold there ranging from food to clothing. It is quite similar to those Pasar Malam here in Malaysia.

(BBQ skewered meat (chicken, pork/beef). Also known as satay to the Thais. We love this one. It's deliciously sweet.)


(BBQ squids. A little yucky cause its soft and slimy in the inside, eww..)

After the Pasar Malam, we continued our journey downtown. Despite having eaten quite a lot earlier, we still insist on having a seafood dinner. Must try as much as possible mah... right..? Tourists what...

(Thai Dessert - Sticky Rice & Mango. Personally, I am not a big fan of sticky rice except for lo mai kai & bak chang. Sweet sticky rice? No thank you.)


(the seafood stall that we finally settled for dinner. Note the cook in white. She is a he.)

Personally, I still prefer our seafood here in KL. Swimming fresh seafood. Sweet & tender. One thing that I do not understand is, despite Phuket being an island, why can't they offer 'live' seafood? All the seafood store that I came across had their seafood chilled in ice. How fresh can that be? Those that we had are certainly not fresh. After dinner, off we went, back to the hotel... zzzzz....

DAY 4

After breakfast, we checked-out and bid our lovely rooms farewell for now till we visit again. We drove to the airport and upon arrival at the departure level, we were met by a representative of our car rental agency to collect back our car.


(Our faithful VIOS which has served us for 3 days, No.3665, sob! sob! thank you.)

That's the end of our 4d/3n Phuket Holiday. We had a great time exploring the island, basking in the sun, swimming in the sea and enjoying its spicy food. One thing about Phuket is, you can see all sort of relationships openly.

Men + Women

Men + Men

Men + 'A qua' (cross dresser)

Men + One Night Stand women

Overall, we enjoyed ourselves very much. Totally rejuvenated & refreshed. Can't wait to pack for another vacation!

P/s: My sunburned has yet to peel. :D

4 comments:

traCe said...

ahooo... apasai ikan bite u? Must be starving for long time liao. Very geng ah you guys, drive around sendiri. I Salute!!

hehehe...when is your next trip?

Redbabe said...

our next trip ka? not sure yet cause it depends where is the free hotels. u wanna join????

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

l want to join.....make sure next time u bring me.....orelse u cannot go....mommy's order.

Redbabe said...

i wanted to ask u go this trip, but can u go???