WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Phuket - Day 1

I am back, fresh, rejuvenated, tanned and smell a little of salty sea breeze. Got sun-burned a little too on my back, but what's an island holiday without some sunburn? Sweet... :)
*
I ended up carrying my yellow bagpack instead of a separate handbag as I was leaving the house for airport last Wednesday cause Harrison went.... "Why a separate bag?" and I went on explaining to him as he was locking up the gate on how the yellow backpack doesn't go with my shirt. He said "Don't be ridiculous, of course it matches" (without even lifting an eyelid to evaluate the 'matching-ness'). So I thought to myself, he may have a point. Better look like an idiot than be an idiot lugging all the unneccesaries.


(the view from the hotel lobby)

Throughout our 4d/3n trip, we drove around Phuket in our rented car. We went to Fantasea Phuket, Patong Beach, snorkelling trip, temples, ceramics factory and the list goes on. We also tasted a variety of Thai food from road side store in the outskirt to the cut throat seafood at Patong.
*
One of my girlfriend even went on a 50m bungee jump. Of course I didn't do it. It's definately not because I am scare, just that I thought 50m was quite a short jump, not worth paying Rm200 for it. I prefer a higher jump like 100m or so...fulamak!..hehehehe.....(as I was chatting with my mom last night, she told me that 100m jump would probably cost RM400! Yeah hor? How come I never thought of that? Better still, no need to jump altogether!)
*
Anyway, upon arrival in Phuket airport, we were greeted by swarms of taxi touts who asked us to go to hell when we told them 'no thank you' and headed straight for a taxi stands with meter. We were so shocked. Apart of me feel like grabbing one of my shoe and fly it his direction but thought better of it. Unbelievable! I thought the Thais are polite.


(in a buggy being transported to our suite upon checking in at the lobby)


(our 2 rooms suite that comes with 2 bedrooms, a kitchen and a living hall)


(surveying what to do & where to go in Phuket)


(the car rental agent that organised our Lamborghini)

Once we settled the car renting paperworks, we headed straight to Patong. On the way, we stopped by at Phuket Fantasea to purchase our tickets for the night's show.

(me acting all touristy with Fantasea's signage as a backdrop)
*
Everywhere we turned our head, there bound to be huge photos of their King. The Thai people really respect their King. Very patriotic. I don't even know who is the current King of Malaysia. Even more patriotic :p


The island of Phuket are generally hilly. Most of the roads are winding and up/down hill. One thing I always love about Thailand are the quality of their roads. I've never seen a potholes anywhere in Thailand and the roads are always clear of sand. Very nice road to drive on (i missed my car even more when I am there, damn good roads to chew & spit out the hilly and windy roads). Compared to our country, which are deemed much more developed, the quality of our roads are a far cry to those in Thailand. Can't blame it on the weather for ruining ours since we both share almost the same weather. Corruptions MAYBE???

(little shops lined along the road in a village we passed thru)


(3 relatively big size school girls squeezed into a relatively small bike)

Once we were in Patong, we checked out the local dives shop and settled for a half day island hoppings + snorkelling instead cause all of us havent been diving for quite a while. Therefore, it is not advisable for us to dive unless we go for a refreshing course. We decided that we should dive in Malaysia till we are pro rather than wasting time refreshing in Phuket... hehehe...

Before heading for Fantasea, we had a quick dinner in Patong. We had a set meal for 2 which include tomyam kung, chicken, beef, vege & beer. The portion was more than enough for the 3 of us. It was yummy!

*

(our first Thai beer - Chang Beer)


(our first tom yam kung, there are 6 big prawns, I counted)


We headed for Fantasea after that. Upon reaching, we were all in awe of the colourful lightings. Inside Fantasea theme park, there are various little stalls that sells souvenirs. Everything were maintained in tip top conditions. It was very nice. The highlight of Fantasea is some cultural show. I forgot the name of the show... something about some elephants. Personally, I enjoyed the show very much. It tells stories of Thai. Eventhough it was a little costly, B1500 per entry, it was impressive!

(some dance performance in the center stage)


(Octopussy???)


(some lighted up birdcage with fake birds)

That night, I slept soundly dreaming of elephants & neon lights.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet!

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

1st day, dreaming of elephant!!!!let's wait for the 2nd day