WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Confession of an Ice Creamolic!

Besides my mom & my other half, I've two other loves. My other loves are, firstly...

ICE CREAMS
There is not a particular flavour that I like. I like them all. Any flavour, any size or shape. As long as they are ICE CREAMS, it will do. Of course I would prefer a Haadgen Daz, Baskin Robbins or Swensens, but if those are not available, Walls & Magnolia also can la.. Be it hot sweaty day or cold rainy day, down here in the city or up in Genting Highlands, I can never resists an ice cream stand. I simply love it.

I still remember back in school days, how I would chase after the ice cream man passing thru our house. Sometimes when they skipped our street, I would have to chase after them two streets away or yelling at the top of my lung from our house "Ice.......cream.................!"
I was not very healthy when I was a kid. Am always down with asthma, cough or flu. I never failed to visit the doctor every month. Same stuff... asthma, cough or flu. I would swear in front of Dr Soo Hoo that I would never ever again touch cold stuff (that includes ice creams). After couple of days, when I felt better, my addiction would starts all over again. Lols...


Of course my granny tried her best to hold up a stern face with a 'NO', but unfortunately, she failed miserably most of the time...hehehe. I still remembered how we would each hold a drumstick ice cream in our hand enjoying the coolness on a hot sunny day. End of the day, she decided that ice cream is good for kids after listening to her elder sister (my grand aunt) who is based in Singapore. My grand aunt told my granny that, ice creams is made by milk and milk is good for growing kids... hehehe... there you go! I guess these two old ladies live by the motto of "if you can't beat them, joined them"! hehehe....



There was this other time when I was in Singapore to spend time with my mom during a school holiday (mom works there). Mom brought me to Swensen's. I still remembered all the stained glass lamps over my head (the trademark of all Swensen's outlets even now). Believe it or not, she ordered an 'Earthquake' and there is only 3 of us I think. I was only 9 or 10 years old then. It was hillarious how our teeth were chattering so hard half way thru it. Of course we didn't manage to finish it. If not mistaken, one of the leftover flavour was 'Mint', the greeny stuff. We hated it. On way back, my mom said "see if you still dare to ask for ice cream anymore" followed by an evil laugh... (unfortunately mom, your evil plan failed, i still LOVE ice creams). Till this day, I always have a soft spot for Swensen's despites however lousy their food are. It always reminds me of that faithful day 20 years ago.

There you have it. My confession. I am an "ICE CREAMOLIC". Any rehab for this one? Hehehe... The best part was, for the last 7 years, I've been living with a freezer that is not cold enough for ice creams. I've never keep any decent ice creams in my home for the last 7 years. Can you imagine an 'Ice Creamolic' living without ice creams??? It was quite suffering, really. Whenever I craved for one (which is like at least 3 times a week), will just make do with Walls from the provision stall downstairs if there are no other choices available. Pathetic huh?

Finally, we are now in our new place. Of course a new fridge too which has a full separate freezer. Eventhough we've yet to store any ice creams, I am already feeling the joy of it all. May God blessed my new fridge with lots lots of yummy ice creams. Thank you.

P/S: I'll reveal my other love when I feel like it. For time being, just make do with ice cream ok? :)


2 comments:

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

oh yes, she influence me during her last 2 trip back in kluang, she bought 'Baskin Robbins' l must said it's so yummy.

Redbabe said...

yeah... i should have married Mr Baskin or Mr Haadgen Daz instead of Mr Woo. At least I get free ice creams (for life).