WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Our 'Holy' Day

Believe it or not, yesterday was a 'Holy' day for me. When I told my boss the reason why I have to take yesterday off and replaced it with today, he gave me a look and said, 'You???? I don't see the halo above your head..."
*
You see, I am never the praying type. I believe in myself mostly and for 'faith' part, whether it is Jesus, Allah, KuanYin or etc, I just believe that there is only one God appearing in many faces. Whenever someone asked what's my faith, I would usually just blabbered, Buddhism. What many people do not understand is, Buddhism is not a religion but a teaching.
*
So, back to my 'Holy' yesterday. Somehow, my boss finds it quite hillarious when I told him that we need to set up the altar at our new home yesterday. I just replied "Yeah.. me. Don't laugh. Even I find it sound weird having the words coming from my mouth." He smirked and further affirmed it "Yeah... sounds weird. (now u see why i am straightforward. I am surrounded by this breed of people all the time)
*

(this is our newly set up altar which we inherited from my in-laws)

Our Kuan Yin was blessed in an old Kuan Yin temple in KL. I bought all the fruits & goodies and help to set up the altar. The whole activity feels weird too. I can get used to it.

*

We were officially staying in our new home yesterday. I cooked up a meal for the family (shit, I forgot to snap a photo of it. totally forgotten until now) to celebrate the new altar. It was a good simple home cooked meal. Everyone enjoyed it.

1) Potato chicken

2) Steam pork rib

3) Fried eggs with carrots

4) Fried lettuce

Basically everything is still quite messed up in our new home. Lots of stuff still not shifted over to the bungalow yet. We've only shifted our clothes over from Court 9. The rest of the stuff would have to wait till everything else is out and the paint work is done (haven't even started yet. Still awaiting quotes).

Anyway, still, believe it or not, I pray to God to bless our new home with peace & happiness, Amen!

4 comments:

traCe said...

muhauahua...you're finally at new home. Congrats Congrats... sila snap photo of yummy food next time =)

Redbabe said...

haha.. makan saja tau... apa lagi?

~ RaChel Lim ~ said...

I tot u dunno to cook.. haha... Sorry for the straightforwardness..:P
The dishes u served is not bad ya... If for me, i'll juz cook fried egg, maggie mee... N told my family, want to eat or not? IF dun want, tapao by urself .. keke

Redbabe said...

haha...no need to be sorry.. u come to the right place... i am straightforward too.

Knows only the theory of recipes and cooking mostly. But usually the experiment turns out quite alright. :p