WELCOME to my blog.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

What a (eventful) week!

Two days ago (Thurs), as I walked to the carpark happily with a huge cup of Crumbs' Yogurt Ice Cream in hand, got into the car, closed & locked the door, put on the safety belt, put in the key, turned the ignition, there were no respond.  It went dead on me.  The darn car went dead on me twice within a year!  Wtf?!


And so I called the husband.  

Husband: "Hey, how are you today?"
Me: "Oh, I am AWESOME!"
Husband: "Yes? How can I help you?"
Me: "Nothing really.  Just that the car is not feeling so good."
Husband: *pause* "Huh?"
Me: "The darn car went dead on me.  Again."

Lols...  I told him I'll call the toll free and not to worry.  And so I called the toll free.  Went for coffee and donut and read some book while waiting.  The husband arrived before the mechanic who arrive some 40 minutes later.  Jumped start the car and we drove it straight back to the workshop.


It was destressing dinner of cold beer, roast pork, baked mussels after that.  So I was lamenting... what an unlucky week.  First I kissed a butt.  Next the car went dead.  The husband said... "It is not unlucky, just some downs...".. "yeah...".

On way back home, we got flagged down by a police car along Federal Highway out of no reason.  We were cruising along and the next thing we knew, some bright blue/red light flashing behind us flagging us to the side of the road.  The police got out, asked for the husband's license & ID, make some calls or checking dunno what, gave us back the stuff and asked us to move along.  Some random check I think.  

I said.. "Told you it is a bad week.... what's the odd?" and we both laughed.  Let's just go home and stay low profile.  I just wanna lay in my bed for the rest of the hours... lols... Even that, I think I slept thru a bad stomach cramp.  I told the husband last night, he replied this... "Luckily you didn't shit in the bed..."....hahahahahahaha.....

Anyway, as for the car, it was no big deal.  The battery died.  Changed a new one and got the car back yesterday morning!

4 comments:

mun said...

It is really fortunate that it was not baddies pretending to be policemen who stopped your car.

mun said...

Hi Redbabe, I think I saw you on Wednesday in Pavilion during lunch time (heading towards Tokyo Street). By the time I realised it was you, it was too late to call you (you have walked away).

Redbabe said...

Hey Mun.. Most probably u did! I m always lunching around there... U r very observant plus blog friend somemore. Very good! I hardly notice anything/any person. :( but I am always very bad with faces to begin with.

Back to the police thingy, since when our police r so efficient? Strange. But they drove a police car though. M sure they r for real.

What I Did Today said...

What is that saying? When it rains, it pours. At least the bad luck (generally) lumps itself into one day.