WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

All Souls Day - Chinese Version

It's that time of the year again.  The Chinese' All Souls Day (Cheng Beng).  Where we would throng the cemetery, spring clean the tombs/graves of our ancestors, pray and offer the many varieties of goodies we enjoyed here in life, in paper version, so that they will enjoy them too in afterlife.
It is getting more and more creative.  They even have dentures.  Why would they need dentures in afterlife?  :p  

I never a firm believer in these until my dad, who I hardly knew, came to my dream all of a sudden, on the last day of Cheng Beng, asking for new shirts.  :p  It was so him.  He would not bother me unless he don't have a choice.  Since then, I'll just do it for the sake of doing it.  Since I am the one and only, if I dont do it, who else would?   

So if you are driving outstation for Cheng Beng, drive safe ya!

2 comments:

mun said...

This year, I see a lot of designer bags like LV and etc.

I dream of my late father a lot too but he never ask me for anything in my dreams. I think he knows that even if he asks me, I will never burn anything for him. Oopps that sounds so cruel, right?

Redbabe said...

hahaha.. not cruel la... just individual beliefs. :)