WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Another 5km Run Two Weekends Ago

Pardon me for my 'lack of blogging' lately.  I am so tired, all the time, really.  And it's not helping when you are working with some 'funny character'.  Sigh... really need to oo-sha a little more!  Or, I can do with a few more vacations (despite the fact that I just got back from one over the weekend which I will leave it for the next entry.  :p
Nevertheless, a sneak preview of most recent vacation.  Another hidden jewel right at our own backyard! :)  Awesome isn't it?  Well, this is the kind of sunset I've been enjoying this past weekend.  Not forgetting to add, dozing in and out to the sound of lapping waves and gentle breeze... Ahhhhhh!  Ok, that's it for time being on this  part.  Will leave it for next entry :p
Participated the much talked about Standard Chartered Marathon two weekends ago (last last Sunday).  Accidentally joined that is.  Forget about the details, it's a long and not interesting one.  To cut long story short, when I wanted to register, the registration was closed.  When I didn't want to join, the opportunity opened.  Complicated, yes.  Anyway, went for the 5km run with one of my run buddy, Mambo (yeah, quirky name :)).  Almost sign for 10km but thought better of it.  Why la I wanna torture myself like that on a Sunday morning?!?
Our 5km run was scheduled to be flagged off at 8am.  Nevertheless, still needs to get to town by 6am due to all the roads closure.  The full marathon (42km) was flagged off at 5am.  When the husband gave me a ride to the train station at 5:15am, the runners were already at the highway outside our house!  It only took them 15 minutes to run from Dataran Merdeka to MidValley.  Unbelievably fast!  I can't help but thought of these:

(1) They definitely will find no use of a car.  They can run to everywhere.  Go green.  Save the environment! 
(2) It gonna be good fun to watch them chasing down snatch thieves.
(3) McD can consider hiring them for delivery services.  Then we would not have 'traffic jam' excuses. :p  Hehehehehe......

Lucky for Mambo & I, we managed to execute 'Plan A'; i.e. to catch the last free shuttle service from the train station which took us right to the flag off point instead of 'Plan B', i.e. taking the train which will require us to walk for quite a fair bit to get to the point.
Though still having bout of cough/flu, I couldn't resist going.  I simply don't want to miss a thing.  Nevertheless, I kept reminding myself not to over exert myself.  Just run at my own pace.  Surprisingly, I was feeling rather ok that morning and I thought I did pretty alright. 5km under 40minutes. :)  It was quite an enjoyable route actually.  Not much terrain, pretty flat.
Conclusion, it was not the run that was tiring.  It was the whole hoo haa of getting to and from the venue that is tiring.  The early hours, the bus rides, the train rides home which we got lost on the way (thanks to Mambo) & etc... *yawn*

Will I do it again next year?  A definite yes and I will do 10km next year!

2 comments:

mun said...

Well done! Yes, go for 10km next year!

missyblurkit said...

10km next year sounds good. So when does training start?