WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Feel The Love (with your heart)

We were out at KLCC for dinner yesterday evening.  When we walked passed Godiva, the husband said, let me get you some chocolates for Valentine Day tomorrow.  I said that was what I was planning to get for him (if I see any chocolate shops :p) and he can just get me a flower or anything if he want to.  Nothing also nevermind.  He said no need to get him anything and he will get me the chocolates.  Ok......! (Psstt: When chocolates are involve, I usually won't fight too hard.. lols).  So in we went, selected a variety of dark chocolate.  Lovely.
I can't remember when was the last time we actually celebrated Valentine's Day.  As far as I can remember, we never make a big hoo hah out of it.  Just a simple "Happy Valentine's Day darling..." and that's about it.  I don't like to dine in overcrowded restaurants filled to the brim with doe eyes lovers, eating mass cooked Valentine Set Meal and paying ridiculous prices for it.  :p  Lucky for me, my other half share the exact same sentiments.

To us it was never the price tag of things nor how fanciful the dinner is or how many times I tell him I love him or vice versa.  The heart already knows.  It understood the beats inside out, outside in.  Like how his hand would automatically reach out for mine when we walk and mine would automatically be ready to be reached or else, it would feel weird.  It's just natural.  Like a song sings..."Anyone who seen us, know what's going on between us.  It doesn't take a genius, to read between the lines...". 
I remember listing out little things I love about him in conjunction with V-Day last year (or the year before last :p) .  This year, for this day of love, I am going to do just the same with a little twist.  Instead of 'little things I love about him', it would be 'little things I love about us'.

What I love about us:
1) We play a lot.  Once, I was washing down the back kitchen and he yelled out to me from the backyard something about how my washing has wet his trousers.  I just look up, and said "Huh?" while pointing the hose in my hand his direction (yes, purposely one).  There he stood, drenched from top to bottom.  Lols...We had one of the biggest water fight after that... hahahaha.... it was so funny.
2) We tease each other relentlessly.  How when he grumbles at me I would say, "I need to go pick out a skirt later".  He would ask "For?" and I would reply "You.".  "Why me?" he would ask again and I would answer "Because only women grumbles a lot".  hahahaha... Or whenever I said "Hey, can  I ask you something...." and proceeded on with whatever I have to say only to be interrupted suddenly by... "Hey, I haven't give you the permission to ask yet...." from him. *faint*
3) We understand each other's PMS.  When he is going thru one of those 'super stress out' phase, I would just go low profile (no teasing or playing) or when I am in one of mine, he would just go with my flow.  Lols...

4) We communicate.  I would tell him straight what he did or said that bothers me and same for him to me.  But when come to trickier issues like breaking of bad habits, I would have to hold his face in my palms and stare straight into his eyes while saying what I have to say to ensure optimum uploading of information.  :p  It works.

5) We are each other's advisor.  We guide each other in trickier issues be it personal, work or etc.  The process should be more or less like this.  Extinguish the fire first.  Then find the cause of it. And subsequently, work out a preventive measure. :p  Make any sense to you?  First he would have to support whatever I have to say even if I am wrong.  Only when I've calm down, he will speak rationally, neutrally with a fair solution. Same goes for me to him.  :p  Come on, admit it.  When we are angry or sad with something, we want someone to agree with us.  True or not?  Lols..  If that someone come and tell us we are not right la... we will probably erupt into an angry volcano!  Lols...

6) We compromise.  This is easy.  Let him monopolize the tv remote and I, monopolizes everything else. :p hahahaaha....

Anyway, it can goes on forever.  All I wanna say is, just feel it.  Love is easy and natural.  Like heartbeats.  You don't need to try too hard.  Happy Valentine's Day people. :)  I wish you all feel "LOVE" not just on today but on any other day as well.

4 comments:

Alina Grace said...

You both are one of the sweetest couples, ever!!!

mun said...

Lovely photos of you both! I like your method of ensuring the optimum uploading of information, lols.

Redbabe said...

Thanks girls. Wishing you girls a great Valentine too with the one you love :)

What I Did Today said...

Awww. You two a such a cute couple! Love all the great relationship examples you posted. Keep it up!