WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

TGIF (An Impromptu Up Hill Late Night Excursion)

It's strange when the husband came home from work last Friday evening and went, "Darling, what shall we do tonight?" even before he step foot into the house.  Trust me, when it is coming from him, it is strange.  As far as the both of us are concerned, I've always been the one that HAVE to do something on a Friday night (even though I don't work on Friday).  I think it has been drilled into me from a long time ago, that Friday night = party night, social night, relax night, late night... a night for some action & fun.  He on the other hand, is the... "Erm... Friday is just another day what..." kind.  

Oh god... what have I done to him?!?

Having nothing interesting/exciting to do, we headed downtown to Sg Wang for dinner at Kim Gary.  Halfway thru dinner, the mobile blinked an incoming message that read: "Need a drive to Genting tonight.. anyone keen?  Genting slow & easy drive.  Meet at usual place, 10pm.". We immediately punched in "Ok. Count us in." and sent.  Our savior to an otherwise boring Friday night.

Rushed home after dinner, changed car, grabbed a thin sweater and off we went to the meet up point.  When everyone arrived, we head up the hill.
It was a good impromptu drive.  Very nice & relaxing.  Relaxing probably cause I refused to look at the road this time round.  I just bundled up my hair in a beanie (prevent tangling from the breeze), enjoy the cool breeze, slide low, stuffed the headphones into my ears and enjoyed Linkin Park direct from my Ipod.  And it works to calm my nerve.  Next time, I'll probably watch some soap opera to keep myself distracted... lols... 
That's the impromptu bunch chilling out at New World's Starbucks.

Believe you me, when they said 'slow & easy', it meant 'their' slow & easy standards, where, there will still be tyre's screeching, corners flinging (baling corners). Not the general slow & easy definition in your's or mine dictionary.  I was too busy keeping myself distracted on way up and forgot to take note of the time.  But I do remember that from top to bottom and back to our house, it took less than 40 minutes altogether.
This is my Redbabe which the nick was initially for, which I ended up being.  Hmm... I look like a car?
There were altogether 6 cars that night - 4 MRS (red, dark purple, black & graphite), 1 MR2 (red) and 1 Cayman (yellow).
The Porsche Cayman that got sesat in a MRS/MR2 club.  Lols.. nolar.. actually the owner of this beauty, also owned a MRS.  That night he just decided to play with his Cayman. :)  We are just one bunch of car enthusiasts that turned good friends.  Enjoyed the company as well as the wheels.  Any wheels also can.  Tak kira one.  Upgrade ke, downgrade ke, as long as got 4 wheels... ok la...
Our taiko, Dennis of the graphite MRS, got us nice carparks right outside New World.

Nah, we didn't got ourselves clamped/towed.  We were merely playing with that warming sign.  Evie & I were very tempted to carry the clamp to the Cayman for a photoshoot though.  Cause we thought the yellow clamp sort of match the Cayman's colour.  Lols... Sugar high...
The weather was nice that night.  Cool & breezy.  Evie and I went a little mad (or rather I went a little mad) with all the fresh air.  We laughed so much.  Everything seems to be hillarious to us.  Again, blame it on the sugar.
As usual, the standard ritual that can't be missed, checking out each other's car.  Helping each other out with the problem they are facing with their cars.  Providing answers and solutions.  Support & tips. :)

It was a good impromptu drive overall.  I believe everyone had had a great drive that night.  As for me, though I didn't drive this time round, I enjoyed the fresh air, the latte, the cold breeze, the laughters, the craziness, the everything... and especially the company.

I am so thankful for the many fun loving companies lately.  It's nice.  Really nice.  They made me all warm and fuzzy again and re-believe in some things that I've gave up awhile ago. ;)  




3 comments:

Alina Grace said...

Hehehehhehe...so cool!!! And look at all those gorgeous cars!

Redbabe said...

Yeah.. always love Genting drive. The cool weather makes it worthwhile. As for cool cars... the cool one would be the cayman... the rest, just cheap old sports cars d... lols

mun said...

40mins from top to your house - that's like flying!