WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Pleasant Surprise!

It's a good day today cause it's my birthday.  I am officially one year wiser, smarter, prettier, lovelier and hopefully, richer too.  Hehehe... Woke up to some sweetest birthday wishes on my handphone today and more on the Facebook.  Can never 'thank you' enough.  I think Facebook should consider having a tagline that says "With Facebook, you will never be alone!"  Hehehe... :)

There were no special plan for today.  There will still be salsa class tonight.  Definitely not skipping class.  Had lunch with an ex-colleague who now shared an office with us.  Yeah, I know, it's complicated.  Yesterday we had my birthday lunch in the office but since he cant make it yesterday, he offered to buy lunch today.  Having nothing else to do, why not?  We went did some shopping (me mostly) and settled for lunch at Flying Chillies.  It was good. :)

As I was in New Balance shop, my phone rang with an unfamiliar number blinking on it's screen.  I was like... hmm... should I answer?  Answered it anyway.  At the back of my head was like "Whatever you are selling, I am not interested".

Caller: May I speak to Gladys please?
Me: Yeah, that's me. Yes?
Caller + hundred others started singing: Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Gladys, happy birthday to you......! (followed by a lot of talking and echos... can't hear clearly)
Me: *speechless* + *could this be a radio show, am on AIR?* + *don't say bad words, don't say bad words...*  Wow... thanks.
Caller + hundred others: *lots of talking & echos... something about calling to wish you Happy Birthday*
Me: And, this is from?
Caller: Terri Chai..
Me: Oh..... Aiyah, send la a group in front of my gate, complete with presents to sing...
Terri Chai: Yalor yalor...
Caller + hundred others: Aiya, we work la... just say thank you only.
Me: Thanks! :)

Seriously, thanks Terri.  That was a really nice surprise!  And Ishwin & Jason, you guys ROCK!!!

4 comments:

Terri Chai said...

Ooo.. You are very much welcome...
Of coz must think of something new to surprise you la... Otherwise... Happy Birthday greetings only a bit boring la...
I guess I still have not lost my 'touch' yet ;)

Redbabe said...

*Clap hand*

mun said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you! May all your wishes come true! :)

Redbabe said...

thanks mun!