WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Tofu Fallen Sick. Again.

What's new?  Standard la... each time, when I over pushed myself, I fall sick.  But just normal sick la... a bit of flu, a bit of fever.  Am hoping it will all go off by Thursday so that I can go hiking up Broga on Fri (keeping my finger crossed).  But it seems to be only starting now.  Not yet full fledge.  Harrison said I should forget about Broga altogether.  Even if I made it up there on Friday, I will surely fall sick like a dog the next few days.  Oh boy... he knows my 'tofu-ness' so well....still, I hope he is wrong.
Cause I wanna attemp a photo like this one here, which a friend googled from dunno where.  I mean I wanna be the one doing the jump.  Not the one shooting the jumpp.  Lols...

Had a great time last week when two very dear friend came to visit from the land of the Merlion.  It was always nice to have them around, be it they visit us or we visit them.  And each time after they left, the house feel empty and it takes awhile to get used to.
Pretty pearl earrings she got me for my birthday (which is still 3 months more to go... lols).  Her birthday, which is just next week, and I didn't get her a thing *slap*.  What a good friend I am.  Lols... Anyway, I decided to make her this yesterday.  Can't tell what it is, can't show the whole picture too cause I've yet to send it out.  So this will be some sort of a teaser photo... :p
It was basically a non-stop eating spree throughout the 3 days they were here - Haji Samuri Satay, A&W Root Beer Float (Singkapoh tak lak), Kuchai Lama's XO Fish Head Noodle, Yut Kee's Pork Chop + marble cakes, Imbi's Hokkien Mee and dunno what else.  If two weeks ago, people already commented that I look pregnant, now I should look pregnant with twins.  Hahahahahaha...
Stole this photo from T-Cakes which she made as gifts for my guests, also her new friend - lovely yummilicious 'Strawberry Cupcakes'.

I still couldn't quite comprehend why I didn't take any photos.  I basically have zero photos.  No photos of my friends, no photos of the food we had, no photos of the places we went to.  Were they even here?  Or was in all just in my mind???!  Note to self: Remember to take picture of friends next time for old age sake. :p

At some point of our get together, whether it is down South or up here, somehow we always ended up day dreaming what would we buy if we have millions - that dream car, that dream property, that dream lifestyle...  So, talk until shiok shiok how?  Buy Toto lor....
Of course our little investment usually went straight into charity.  One matching number also tak lak...  Oh btw, I tell you, it is so difficult to place bet nowadays.  So many varieties - 6/58 la... 6/55 la... 6/52 la.. dunno what 3D, 4D, 5D, 6D la... somemore, got jackpot la... so confusing ok.  They should consider publishing a book "Toto/4D For Total Idiot".  The four of us were like sitting in there for a good 15 minutes trying to make sense of all the different phrases...  Whatever happen to those good old days where you just run behind your house, shove the list of numbers into the aunty's hand, and tell her 2 sides? *sigh*

Their stay here were exactly like our's when we were at their's last year.  Other than no-stop eating, it was non-stop chatting and laughing too.  It is strange how we always have so much to talk about and we can basically teased, cursed, laughed at each other yet there would not be anything taken in offense.  Already chatted till 4am on the first night itself!  How la not to fall sick.  Like what Terri said... "Sendiri buat punya..." (self made).  My compassionless good friend. -.-

Anyway, Harrison sent them off to the airport on Sunday noon. Didn't manage to send them off myself cause I had a photoshoot assignment that morning and was already out of the house by 6am when they were all still snoozing away in lala land dreamily *envious*.  When I finally got home that afternoon, the house was so quiet with them gone.  Awww... I sure miss their company. 

4 comments:

Terri Chai said...

So nice la the pearl earrings... So Gladys... Lols!

Redbabe said...

Yeah... so me hor.... do u remember u gave me a pair too? From Sabah if not mistaken.

Terri Chai said...

I think so.... Lols!
Now you can start a 'Gladys' Pearl Collection'.. :)

Redbabe said...

hahaha...