WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, May 31, 2010

The Shooting Assignment

As mentioned previously, was out of the house when the sky was still dark on last last Sunday morning.  My old neighbour who was out for his routined morning walk might be wondering where am I heading to at that kind of ungodly hours.  Or the loud clanking of our gate might have woken the whole jalan and some might wonder whether I was just getting out or in. :p

The direction given by the groom himself were pretty accurate.  Found the place rather easily.  Despite of owning a GPS, I've always much prefer to use my own sense of direction instead.  Just can't trust a machine that constantly went 'recalculating... recalculating...'.  By time it finished recalculating, I might have ended up in Timbaktu.  I just don't have that kind of patience.

Speaking of Timbaktu, a long long time ago, I was mocking Harrison about it. I think it was something about by time he arrived, I would have gone to Timbaktu and come back.  He pandai-pandai challenged me by asking..."Oh, is it?  Where is this place called Timbaktu?"  I replied cooly without looking at him... "Oh, you don't know?  It is just between Timbakone & Timbakthree".  He went speechless.  Since then, it has been our own private joke.
Anyway, the bride's make-up was 30% done when I got there.  Just nice.  Not too early nor too late.  Whipped out my camera and set off to work... :)
It was a good experience despite a little tiring, I had fun.  The bride & groom and their friends were all very nice people.
When I got home that afternoon after the shoots, Harrison asked.. "How was it?" and I replied... "Hmm.. I think I didn't take much good shots..." and was feeling rather shitty.  But when I finally finished browsing thru and developing the 450+ photos, I went... "Wow... I am good at this!  They were really great!"  hahahaha...  I just expect too much out of myself sometimes.  Reminder to self: Less expectation, more happiness.
The only thing I couldn't quite get used to throughout the episode is being called a 'Photographer'.  Whenever someone wanted me to take a picture, they would call... "Photographer.. photographer..." and I would still be standing wherever I am day dreaming away.  :p  I think I would be more responsive if they just call me 'Leng Lui' (pretty).  Hahahahahaha....

4 comments:

mun said...

You are so sharp witted to give such a good response to the timbaktu question! The wedding couple must be pleased with your photos.

Redbabe said...

Hahaha... when one have a husband like mine, one have no choice but to get creative. Lols.. Yeah, I hope they couple pleased with my works. :)

Alina Grace said...

The pictures are gorgeous....

Redbabe said...

Thanks Alina. Your words motivates. :)