WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another Happy Day - Steven & Carmen's Wedding

It was another busy day today. Was at MidValley (my fav mall these days) by 11:30am. Did some last minute shopping for a really low cut strapless bra for my Elle evening gown, a gold clutch purse and a pair of gold earrings to go with it.
*
Had my make up and hair done by Grace, who I met at Joico's photoshoot. She did my make-up & hair just the way I had envisioned myself to look like. It was all done perfectly.
*
When everything were put together, the dress, the accessories, the make-up, I was overcome by a sudden feeling of thankfulness, to the Almighty (or was it my parents?), for spending more time when creating me. Perasannya......hehehehehehe... Ahem!.. Really, I love everything about me. No photo yet. Will update another time.
*
I always believe that we are the greatest critic for ourselves. We always have the tendency of thinking that we are too fat, arms too big, breast too small, too skinny and etc. We should start to accept & love ourselves. Only then, we will have the aura of confidence to pull thru anything we wear even if it is a rag.
*
The dinner went well. Standard wedding dinner. Carmen, the bride were really pretty. Like I always said, no one bride that is ugly. All brides are pretty. At the end of dinner, we stayed back for a Kodak moment, of the Woo's Family. It sounded so strange to me when Steven; the groom, announced thru the PA system for all the Woo to get on stage for a family photo. For a moment, I just stood there, totally forgotten that I am also a Woo now. Hehehehe...
*
You see, my mom is also a Woo and I grew up with the Woo's (my mom's parents). But, I am Lee. So, I am always an outcast (at least, the wicked witch always reminded me of that, she always says I am not a Woo, and I am an outsider). So, when Steven announced for the Woos to get on stage this evening, my subconscious mind reminded me that I am an outsider. hehehehe... understand the complication? Anyway, it was just a split second thing la...
*
To think of it, the wicked witch, who is a Woo, married a Lee. Therefore, she should be Mrs Lee. Whereas, I am a Lee who married a Woo and therefore, I am now Mrs Woo. That makes me wonder, who is the outsider now? Muahahahahahahahaha.......
*
Whatever it is, nowadays, I find it kind of pleasing to hear, "Come come, let's take a family portrait of The Woos". Somehow, it never fails to create an imaginary evil grin in my head. Who is having the last laugh now?

4 comments:

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

what happen if l m at te dinner ar??, l m Woo and now my anak is married to a Woo, that means, l m kind of related to the Woo family through her marriage, and l bear the surname of Woo, hahahaha....how ar...so confusing...lucky l m not there.

Redbabe said...

hahaha...

~ RaChel Lim ~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~ RaChel Lim ~ said...

OPs.. get caught by u... :P Like to browse ur blog, a happy go lucky 'woman'... Cheers! Keep updating ur blog too.. Woo's family!