WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Redbabe is now somebody's wife...

Our Civil Ceremony has come and gone and we are now officially married (on paper). Being Chinese, we still observed our traditional ceremony which will only be carried out on 30th May. Therefore, we are still not exactly 'officially' married as yet.


The atmosphere of our Civil Ceremony was DREAMY. That's the only word I can think of to describe the atmosphere after looking thru & thru the photos. The ceremony went on beautifully and everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we did.


The day started at 8:00am for us. We were there early for our bridal photography. We had a great time throughout the photography sessions. It was fun.

Our civil ceremony started off at 1:00pm with Uncle Lester walking me down the short aisles (Shania Twain crooning 'From This Moment' in the background). Everything were so romantic until I saw my groom still busy chatting with his dad & the Registrar at the aisle when he is supposed to look at me dreamily.... sigh.... men! (I wonder what's the topic that got them so engrossed....!)

The signing ceremony were fast. We were hoping the Registrar would say more things, but I guess he is more nervous than we are cause he actually told me to be a good hubby instead of a good wife (of course he realised it and corrected himself immediately). It was hillarious!



After the Registrar pronounced us as Husband & Wife, we cut the wedding cake & popped the champagnes. It was then followed by photography sessions and a simple tea reception with snacks. As we have a limitation to the amount of guests we can invite, as much as we love to, we are not able to invite everyone. :( Sorry ya!



Anyway, all start well and end well that day and now I am not only somebody's daughter but also somebody's daughter-in-law and most importantly, somebody's wife too! It still feel strange.


Anyway, thank you very much to our families & friends who witness our union as husband & wife. And thank you for the tears that welled up in your eyes... I felt it. *muaks....!*

7 comments:

traCe said...

me like the dress!
me like the dress! hehehe...lovely place for your ROM; so pretty leh!

Congrats to Mr & Mrs. Woo =)

i said...

Congrats! That was beautiful!

Samantha said...

idk if you still remember me..i'm wenwen, roccio's owner...love your Civil Ceremony. First time I've seen such beautiful Civil Ceremony! COngrats babe! Haha can I get some tips? cos I want mine to be as beautiful ^^

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! u look gorgeous! nice ceremony too!

Redbabe said...

hey all.... thank you, thank you & thank you...for all the congratulatory notes :)

trace: hehehe.....know u like the dress....hahaha.... u all gear up for yours in April? chosen yours yet?? i wanna see....

wen: yeah, of course i still remember u. the pretty girl. :) sure, u can buzz me anytime for tips. lols

traCe said...

muahhaah Redbabe; me ROM at Chinese temple mah.cincai pakai kemas kemas then sign the paper...

Samantha said...

eh me planning to get a tea length informal bridal gown for my ROM...but I still have not started looking around...but WTH my ROM is not even definite yet...still have to wait for news from the USCIS >.<...