WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

A New Bride's Memoir

For those of you who have visited my mom's blog (http://me-n-my-million-dollar.blogspot.com/), you must have drooled over my semi nude photo. For those of you who have not, go check it out. This is even better than Edison's. My back is so beautifully arched and my butt has a perfect perk... even cecelia chung can't get that right! hehehehehhe

My mom blogged the entry in conjunction with my civil ceremony come this 12/3/2008. I guess that's how every mom should be feeling. That their little girl (eventhough am much bigger size & taller than her), is going to be somebody's wife. It seems just yesterday that I was still a little bitty baby. And that I am still learning my ABCs, riding my tricycles or mastering my chopsticks skill (am still a lousy chopsticks user).... yeah... time really does flies.





Despite of not having the privilege to be with me all time, my mom has taught me many things in life.


1) Don't ever hunch my back. Always put my hand behind my back to prevent hunching habit.

2) Never ever bite my nails or I would end up having really ugly nails.

3) Whenever I can't find something she ask me to, she would say, "use your brain. things are dead, brains are alive, think."

4) Or whenever I dont use my brain, she would go "do you think Einstein's brain would fetch a better price than a brand new brain that has never been used?"

5) If I hesitate on whether to do something or not, she would say "if you wanna do it, then just do it and not regret 20 years later on if only I have..."

6) Don't grow up being a vase, which is only good to look at. Must be smart too.



These are some of her advises which I remember till this day. Honestly, during then, I don't even understand the things she said. I don't understand why my nails will be ugly if I bite them, or why Einstein's brain would fetch a better price. I just follow lor... Afterall, these are just some minor 'not-to-do' things. I can live with that. Nothing compared to my long list of 'to-do's'.


1) chasing butterflies & trying to net them

2) catching of spiders for fighting

3) trapping of iguanas, leashed them & dragged them home

4) catching fishes off rivers (longkang) - actually, tadpoles

5) flying kites with glass thread so that I would win the boy's kites

6) fighting with boys

7) cycling

8) hoping onto helicopters with our army neighbours



I've done a couple of things that I wanted to very much eventhough it means i've to do it behind her back sometimes. Only to inform her when it is done. Such as scuba diving, getting a tattoo and so forth... I am just following her advise no.5. Cause I don't want to regret not doing it some 20 years later. Just do it!


From baby to childhood, from childhood to teenager, from teenager to adult, I've grown up alright following her advise. I've turned out ok. The worst I've ever done is that I drink too much and party too hard. But then again, I did the right thing at the right age. ;)


Most importantly is, I've managed not to be a 'vase' and have learned to use my brain (i bet my brain can surely fetch a good price now). I've built a character/attitude so strong that sometimes said things I shouldn't, only to regret later. I am sorry if i've hurt you in anyway. I just want you to know that you've done a great job in my upbringing despite of all the impossibles.


I've never been a wife just like i've never been a daughter 30 years ago. I am excited and a little worry. Excited that I will be stepping into a new stage in life. Excited about all my new roles, being a wife, being Mrs Woo, being a daughter-in-law and being a sister-in-law. Excited about starting our own family, excited about our future kids. Excited about my beautiful wedding gowns, excited about the ceremony come this Wednesday (12/3/08).


Am worry that I will trip over my gown while marching down the aisles (eventhough Unc Lester promised to trip together), worry that the song does not coordinate well with the march, worry that I will not know how to be a good daughter-in-law (for those of you who knows me, you know what I mean).... and worst of all, worry that I made a wrong choice and I would suddenly changed my mind (image of Julia Roberts in the Runaway Bride pops up in my head, perhaps I should just bring a pair of sneakers for just in case!), .... All these must be what they called pre-wedding jitters or having 'cold feet'...



Whatever it is, I just hope that all will be well and that I've finally found my prince charming in shining armour and that we will live happily ever after. 30 years down the road, hopefully my son/daughter would say the same thing I said about my mom, and that is,


"Mom, you have done a good job! Muaks!"





2 comments:

traCe said...

Yo SexyRedBabe..nice entry. I'm touched .. Wishing you & Harrison a memorable ROM~ Have fun ya!

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

wow!!!.......those were nagging than, inorder to stop me from naggin u just fellow rite? and it turned u into a beautiful swan...
u were a great child, bringing u up is not so difficult.