WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Messed-up mind & Redbabe's little experiment

My mind has been quite scattered these days.. perhaps cause there are too many things happened at the same time and I havent actually got time to sort out my thoughts.
Besides the fact that I just got hitched, there are many other things that just popped up from no where.... before I even have a chance to linger on 'cloud 9' a little longer, I was kinda like being sucked back into reality.


There are hundred and one things to do and to think. Clearing back-logged works (eventhough I am not really working, but still do have works to do), sorting of photos, reorganising my brain to accommodate new plans for our wedding in May & etc etc...


Also, gotten myself quite troubled with a very good friend's domestic issue which almost cost them a separation. And that got me thinking double lot, and that sustaining a marriage is really not just commitment, compromising, trust & honesty... there are many many in-betweens that if overlooked, will cause accummulation of unhappiness in a marriage. In the long run, a time bomb waiting to explode.
Men & women are both very different species. Afterall, men are from mars and woman, venus. Ask a man & a woman what they think of a plate of fried rice for example, you will be amazed with their replies.

Man's reply: fried rice lor, can eat la....

Woman's reply: wah, they use ikan bilis to fry le..... the colour of the rice so yellow and nice... they even have shredded veges.... wah... the plate's colour goes well with the fried rice.... especially the fine details of the design of the plate.... the chef must be from HK.. blah blah blah....


You understand what I mean??? Sometimes I also dont understand why a man & a woman must get married since they are both so different. And best part is we have to work so hard to understand each other and try our very best to make things work (which there is no guarantee it will). Now you understand why these days there are more and more gay/lesbian couples around. They are the smart ones, skipping the mahfan parts of a men/women relationships. We are the losers...sad, but true :p


Anyway, that is not the main point of my entry today. For the relationship issue, I guess we just really have to work VERY VERY hard on it, keep our fingers crossed & leave it to faith. Case close.
Let's start with something interesting. Today, I just wanna share a little experiment I did last month. My mom bought me this 'Egg' when she was here for CNY. It suppose to grow within 7 days, and it will sprout some kind of auspicious message when it is fully grown. So, On 22nd February 2008, I decided to 'grow' it. This is how it looks.

Look at this 'smart ass' instruction. It says, 'suitable for children above 8. Dont take seed, soil, fertiliser and so on for food'. So, children above 8 can play with this 'Egg' but I dont think they are smart enough to read the instruction. But I am sure they are smart enough to not eat the seed, soil or fertiliser as food, unless of course their mom starved them.



Anyway, according to the other instruction, i was suppose to break the tip of the egg, water it enough and only to water it again moderately after two days. They emphasized that it should not be over watered.

On 27th February 2008 (5 days later), I saw the green!!!! I was so excited!!!!! Can't wait for my auspicious message to pop up! Wonder what it will be.




And... mom came on 11th March 2008 (2 weeks plus), I told her the egg still look like the above. No changes. It supposed to be fully grown by day 7. She asked me whether i soaked the egg in water prior to growing. I told her the instruction did not say so. But she said the seller of this magic egg told her to soak the egg overnight first. Anyway, she decided to water it to the max and did just that.

Today, 25th March 2008 (almost 1 month), it still look like the last photo. Nothing sprouted, no auspicious message. Experiment failed. Does this mean 2008 not auspicious arr????

Haiizzz.... cham lor.....

5 comments:

traCe said...

Love the new skin ~~ pinkish ^^ lovely

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

aiyo...still the same ar???must go complain la

Samantha said...

eh there's another type that grows in water or gel in a tall bottle if i'm not wrong...i think i saw that b4 in a gadget shop in 1U

Redbabe said...

Trace, thanks... :) glad that you like it! I sien the old look already.

Mom: ermm.. i think u drown the fella.

Wen: hehehe.... u tell my mom la... she loves all these weird things.

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

yeap, l like funny and weird things, l even bought a smilar king od plant fr canada, which suppose to show a name when grown, but not yet plant la