WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Travelogue: 5d/4n Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) - Day 5 (Last Day)

Decided to rise early the next day (day 5), also our last day in the city.  Crept out of the room quietly at approximately 6:30am (7:30 our time).  Mom was still sleeping soundly.  Went down to the road side coffee stall downstairs for coffee.  Wanted to absorb the early buzzing of the city.

I asked for coffee but they served me ice coffee.  Ice at 7:30am?  On empty stomach?  Plus one free ice tea somemore.  Found out later from Mr Tai that ice coffee is called Coffee Tiko.  If normal coffee is just Coffee.  Nevermind la.. I did ordered just coffee.  When I looked around, everyone there is also drinking ice coffee.  Whatever la...  
This newspaper lady tried to sell me some Vietnamese newspapers.  When i shook my head 'no', he tried to sell me maps instead...hahaha.... then she settled in front of me rearranging her papers while chatting with another newspaper lady.  
Note the skinny and tall shops.  It's basically like that everywhere in HCM.
Their typical coffee maker.  I got one of those strainer back together with some of their local coffees.  Havent found time to enjoy it yet.  Personally, felt their coffee is good.  Very aromatic.  But just the coffee taste doesn't last.  Not sure if u understand what I am trying to say. Nevermind la..
That afternoon, upon checking out from the hotel, we visited the Notre Dame Church.  I didnt get much of it's history cause I was too busy clicking away.  All I know is it was built by the French a long time ago.  
We saw a couple donned on wedding gown and suit having their wedding photography there.  So cute when they kept jumping to get that perfect exhilarating shots.  Lols...
More pictures of the Notre Damn Church.  Very nice.  

From the Notre Dame church, we went across the street for their Post Office.  It was housed in another of their many old colonial architecture building.  Very nice.  Very classic.


Outside the post office, it was decorated with some really nice statues.
Inside the post office, many ongoing activities.  People buying stamps, sending letters, postcards & etc...
There were also a counter in the middle selling souvenirs & postcards.
Mom and I finds these ducklings pretty fascinating and arranged them in order on the counter top. :p
From the post office, we went to HCM's city hall.  Another colonial building.
There is a well manicured garden opposite the city hall.
Here I felt our pose looks more suitable for Disneyland than this City Hall..lols

From City Hall, we went on to the War Remnants Museum.  As we were early (they open only at 1pm), we went over to one of the little alley stalls for coffee with our guide & driver.
This is the coffee strainer i gotten back from HCM.  :)  I think it is pretty cool.  No, not as in THIS one.  I got something similar.  Brand new ones.  You can find them come free with the coffee powder you buy in their local supermarkets.  First you put some coffee powder in.  Then, hot water.  Leave it on top of a glass to slowly drip.
When finished dripping, you can either drink it like that or pour them into a glass of ice.  Oh, remember to add some sugar if u prefer it to be sweet.:)
Mom couldn't resist another bowl of noodle.
After the pit-stop, we went on to the Museum.  At the museum, we get to see many war aircrafts exhibited outside.  
Mom sharing some photos with our guide, Mr Tai.
And I, asked mom to take perasan photos of me...lols...  Look like real only hor... GI Redbabe! lols
These are GI Auntie... :p
Here are some of the bombs the American dropped during the long war...
Inside, they exhibited many photos taken during war.  It is very saddening to see.  No censor nothing...  Headless body, limbless corpses, massacre of villages, survivals, deformed children from exposure to Agent Orange... (a kind of deadly chemical)... all I wanna say is, nobody should experience war.  It is downright cruel.  It makes me wonder, how Americans can still think so highly of themselves with all these inhumane things they have done.... sigh...
We spent over 2 hours there after which, we proceeded straight for the airport.  
As we took off, the beautiful glittering lights of HCM bade us farewell. :)  It was so pretty.  Though there were some hiccups throughout our stay there, which our agent compensated us, we had a great time nevertheless.  I love the atmosphere there.  It felt so alive.  Love the 5-foot-way cafes.  Love the colourful market.  Love the mad traffic.  Love everything about it.  Definitely cant wait to go back again.  Next time round, we will just stay put in HCM!

Hope you guys find this travelogues informative!

2 comments:

mun said...

Thanks! Really very informative travelogues with nice photos. Now I know what to expect when I go to HCM city! More travelogues please! :)

sdovelly said...

Wohooo...sexy hot babes!! hehe