WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tam biet Vietnam! (I think it means 'Bye Vietnam')

Today is the 5th day of our stay in Saigon, also, the last day.  I woke early, 6:30am their time (and 7:30am our time) and quietly sneaked out to go people watching at a roadside coffee stall near our hotel.  The coffee is very aromatic & thick but a tad too sweet for my liking.  Nevertheless, I enjoyed the going ons around me immensely.  Watching the locals starting their day.

Day 3
1) 'My-Tho' - dont bother going (I meant for us Malaysian).
2) Love the custard apples, VND55,000/kg (approximately RM11/kg) from the shop and VND45,000/kg from the street vendor.
3) Their sugar cane juice have tinge of lime.  Love!
4) KFC here not as good as ours'.
5) Favourite pastimes here: java by the five foot way on children' tables and chairs.
6) Ha Cao = Chinese dimsum 'har kao' (shrimp dumpling).

Day 4
1) 'Vung Tao', though beautiful, not our cup of tea.
2) Lots to watch sipping coffee by the five foot way and it cost VND10,000 each glass.
3) The custard apple actually cost only VND25000 - 30000 to the locals and VND55,000/kg to silly tourists.
5) French can be really nice and fun and not snobbish

Day 5
1) Road side coffee actually cost only VND6000 (RM1.20) each and it comes with free tea!

For the past 5d/4n, mom & I have covered so much.  Walked so much, seen so much, learnt so much about this foreign land.  Cant wait to get home soon so that I can load up photos to share :)

5 comments:

sdovelly said...

Bye Vietnam and welcome back to Malaysia! :)

Redbabe said...

Thank you thank you! :) Am back!!! Finally, home sweet home!

Alina Grace said...

Can't wait to see the pix....

mun said...

Did you sit on those children's chairs to enjoy your coffee?

Redbabe said...

Mun... of course I did! How can I say I've been to Vietnam but not sitting by the street on kiddy chairs? :)