WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, June 27, 2008

WOW - World Of Warcraft

I had an opportunity to TT (teh tarik) with a bunch of WOW (World of Warcraft) kakis couple of nights ago. Except that this TT gathering was held at KLCC’s Chillis instead of the real teh tarik at some mamak somewhere. We head down for KLCC after my gym session at 9pm (die die also must go gym yesterday. Haven’t been gym-ing for more than a month).



It is not me that plays WOW. It’s Harrison. Everyday except for Tuesday, he works from 9am – 6pm as an engineer, 6pm – 10pm, as a loving husband and 10pm – 2am, as a Rogue. You hear me right. A ROGUE (in WOW). I don't know exactly what is a ROGUE. According to "Your Dictionary", here's the definition of Rogue.


1) a wandering beggar or tramp; vagabond
2) a rascal; scoundrel
3) a fun-loving, mischievous person
4) an elephant or other animal that wanders apart from the herd and is fierce and wild
5) an individual varying markedly from the standard, esp. an inferior one


I dont know which one of the above described his character actually. Anyway, so, he would raid dungeons, kill monsters and god knows what else in WOW. That’s his duty roster in a week. Tuesday, he is a full time human being. No dungeon raiding, no killing of monsters. WOW closed on every Tuesday for maintenance. After a long week of raiding, fighting & killing, I am sure there are lots of maintenance works to be done. Cleaning up of dead corpses, spilled bloods and etc. Don’t believe me, I am just blabbering.


Anyway, we arrived in KLCC at about 9:30pm, met up with this small bunch of WOW fanatics, who Harrison has been meeting online every night. It is a very fascinating bunch of people with age ranging from 19 ~ 40, profession of students, analyst, engineer, property agent and etc, Malay & Chinese. This is Muhibbah. Including me, there are a total of 9 people there that night.


I am not a WOW fan. I don’t play WOW. So I just sit back and relax, enjoy my dinner of Crispy Fried Chicken & lemon tea, observed the on-goings around and eavesdropped what they had to say about WOW. You will be surprised to find that these species identify as MAN/BOY/GUY/MALE, who usually don’t have much to say about anything else, was talking non-stop. Strange.

At one point, when they stop talking altogether, the restaurant were like so quiet. One of them even asked, “Eh? How come suddenly so quiet one??” Trying to say it as polite as possible, I told them “Ahemm… all the earlier noises are from our table”. They broke out in laughter and continue their conversation of WOW. Amazing.


Being a non-WOW kaki, and an evesdropper, I don’t understand a word they were talking about. I tried to make some sense out of their words but to no avail. They refer to each other with their online nicknames, i.e. Roti Prata, Shadow, Fumakila, Kaka, Little Bell and etc etc. And every sentence they talked, sure to have words like these:


Elves, Orcs, Troll, Dwarves, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Paladdin, Priest, Rouge, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior Balcksmithing, Enchanting, Alchemy, Daggers, don’t know what spine and many many more.


By just listening to their conversation, for a moment I thought I was in some magical ogre land. It would be very intriguing for neighbouring tables too if they heard the conversation. I am not saying that people are kaypoh la… just they were all talking so loud that it is quite difficult to not hear what they are talking about. The other evesdropper will have a hard time falling asleep that night trying to figure out what the hell they were all talking about. Hahahaha…


Everyone was still talking excitedly when we realized Chillis became very bright all of a sudden. Kononnya, its already 12midnight. The sudden brightness is to inform us politely, its time to get the hell out of their restaurant. We look around us, the restaurant was already empty. We are the last table that are still yakking away…..I mean, the WOW fanatics are the one that are yakking. I merely observed.


Despite of being a little bored sitting there observing, it warm my heart to see people of various age, etnic, profession, sitting together enjoying their drinks, sharing tidbits, laughing & talking, totally enjoying each other company. Perhaps its about time Mahathir & Abdullah start WOW-ing. Then, we rakyat will surely benefit from it...

No comments: