WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our fate with a Rinpoche

I was halfway thru an entry about something but decided to write about something else instead.
Sometime ago, my uncle told me some amazing stories about a buddhist priest, who he accidentally met, and who that had helped his friends in one way or another. My uncle also told me that this high priest, is a incarnation of a Lama (a buddhist monk from Tibet/Mongolia) and I find it hard to believe him.
Come on, it's a little hard to believe for this are things we see only on Discovery Channel. Not in real life. Anyway, I just listen to the interesting stories and nodded my head. Afterall, the stories are quite entertaining.
I was quite sceptical with the whole idea. It is just me. I've difficulty in trusting people. Especially people who claimed they are some spiritual monk or sifu or master and that they can do miracles. There are just too many con stories in the newspaper these days. Bogus monk, miracle healing stones and etc... It's only right that I am sceptical.
Nevertheless, my uncle passed me the High Priest's namecard, and told Harrison & I that it would be good for us to be blessed by this High Priest for our new life together as husband & wife. One look at the card, somehow, it gave me a feeling that this High Priest is for real. His name ends with a Rinpoche. Must be quite high rank despite not knowing how high it is. So I made a mental note to call him and make an appointment when we are back in KL for blessing.
3 weeks passed on and I never got the time to call. Maybe I didnt really wanna call. A part of me still holding back and still sceptical with the whole idea. Anyway, my uncle also told me that whether we are able to meet the High Priest or not, also depends on whether there is 'fate' between us. I was like... ya ya ya... see how la...
Meantime, I did a search on his name from the namecard and found this on the net:
"I met one of the high priest of the Dalai Lama the other day. His name is Charles. I mean, we used to call him Uncle Charles. Of late, he has already been promoted or rather ranked as one of the highest priest in Tibet..... When i met him for the 1st time after a while... it somewhat felt..... weird. I dont know what to call him and how to greet him. In Kathmandu, people bow to him like his subjects and awaits his blessing... but here... i didnt do that.. He's in dire need to raise funds for the monasteries he manage in Kathmandu. I will go back to see him on Saturday and will tell you more about him and perhaps how we can help him."
Note:
Rinpoche is a Tibetan Buddhist religious/theological honorific title. "Rinpoche" literally means "precious one". The title is generally reserved for tulkus (incarnate lamas) and those recognized by the proper authorities within a lineage as "choje lamas" ("superior dharma masters").
Rinpoche, epithet for a fully developed Tulku; that is, one who has intentionally taken rebirth in
samsara to benefit sentient beings on the path to enlightenment. Sometimes this title is also given to spiritual teachers, who are not necessarily Tulkus, but are held in very high esteem by their students.
Strange thing is, we accidentally met today. We even had lunch together. I guess this is what they called 'fate'. It is so coincidentally Harrison decided to take leave today (which he hardly did) and coincidentally I decided to go KL and also coincidentally I need to discuss something with my uncle. Right timing, no planning. That's how we met the High Priest.
I felt a strange kind of peace after that chance meeting. I cant explain it. Somewhat peaceful and tranquil and happy. More like contentment. He is for real i guess.
That's all for time being. Will tell you more if I see him again.

No comments: