WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Luxury-less Life = No Life

Since fuel prices hike on 4th June 2008, I haven't fill a drop of petrol till yesterday. Not because my car is running on water or electricity, or that I am boycotting the hiked. Just that my tank was almost full during the price hike and I didn't travel much, therefore eliminating the needs to fill up until yesterday.


This is my findings. A freaking 28% increased; RM22.67. Assuming if I fill petrol 3 times a month, my spendable income will reduced by approximately RM70. That's quite a lot isn't it?? This RM70 which can otherwise be spent on 2 bottles of fresh milk (RM10), milo (RM18), fruits (RM20), 2 cans of tuna (RM8), 2 loafs of bread (RM5) and 1 car wash (RM8) monthly.

Besides the direct impact of the hike, there are also many indirect impact such as the increase prices of food in restaurants, services, electricity and many more other consumables. Its a chain effect.

I've lots more to say... about how terribly timed this fuel hike is basing on the current political & economical state we are in... and that the government shouldn't constantly state how low our fuel prices are compared to other neighbouring countries as their currencies are much stronger than ours. Just afraid I wont be able to stop my blabbering.

So, I guess for time being, I just gonna do without milk, milo, fruits, tuna and bread. Oh, do I also have to start washing my own car?????? What the hell....! Cant wait for next election.

Gotta start looking for a real job soon...

P/s: psssttt...... who wants my dogs?? they are quite expensive to keep. Dog food, RM60/month. Grooming, RM180/month (just kidding)

2 comments:

Terence said...

:(

Get a cute scooter ler...
Read today's newspaper. Less cars in KL now!

Redbabe said...

i wanted to... no license le...