WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Moment Of 'ZEN' Admist Total Choaticness

I've been running around like a headless chicken recently. Reason being, our wedding is just 3 weeks away. There are quite a number of things left to finalise. The flowers, the table cloth, the tie-back, the candles and so forth. It'll be pretty simple if flowers are just flower and table cloth are just table cloth. But no, there are hundreds type of flowers and each type have variety of colours. So, that's the problem. To pick flowers that we like and match it to not only the table cloths but the whole setting right down to my dress. Mah fan...


Just got back from a meeting with another florist early this evening, a friend of my future mother-in-law, to discuss about flowers once again. Met another florist last week from the hotel, but they are charging ridiculous prices. We talked and talked about flowers, colours & etc. I tell you, I am actually 'ngan fa fa' already. Personally, am not particular with flowers. As long as it is pretty and goes well with my dress, I am a happy bride. She must have seen my 'expression-less' expression and in the end, she says she will do up some samples send it to us to help us in our imagination... hahaha... It is so nice of her!



And just yesterday, went with my future mother-in-law and some staff who will be helping us to usher on one of the day, to purchase coats for them at KL Plaza. I know it sounds kua cheong.... hahaha... i also dunno how it has evolved into this stage. Sigh... just go with the flow... ;) As long as everyone else is happy, I'll be happy.


Besides finalizing every details, this Saturday will be our Guo Dai Li day (Delivery of Big Gifts - part of chinese wedding tradition). So basically, Harrison's family will deliver to my house the Betrothal Gifts such as wedding money, red cloths for door, candles, liquor, roast pig and etc. And my family on the other hand, will need to prepare return gifts to them such as wedding biscuits, a pair of pants, wallet & belt for the groom, towels for my new in-laws, bed-spread, gifts for brother & sister-in-law plus many other funny stuff like wooden clogs, charcoals, baby tub & potty & etc.. It's a complicated, but part of our chinese cultural which we have chose to observe from the start. Personally, we felt that it is part of the fun of a chinese wedding.

Lucky for us, we have finalised all big issues months ago. Otherwise, it'll surely goes haywired... Not that it is difficult to plan a wedding, but planning a wedding with 5 separate do's can get a bit tacky sometimes. Just imagine this, let's not talk about flowers, hmm... ok, itinerary, it got to be multiply by 5. Different day has different programs. Then comes the song list. It's different too cause the guests are different. And besides these 5 separate events, in-between, still need to organise the logistic of outstation guests, snacks for guest at home + plastic utensils, cleaning & tidying of my house, my furkids, collection of gowns, organise angpows, hair combing ceremony, delivery of wedding invites.... oh boy...! hahahahaha......... its fun nevertheless.


So, when family & friends come with funny request or superb suggestions which they think is better than what I've already done, I am ready to bite off their heads, chew it & spit it back out... hahaha.... I know it is not right, tolerance & patience are the keywords here, but i just cant resist...muahahahahahaha...... looking for an outlet to shoot! lols *let's see who is the unlucky one*

Oh... somemore, not forgetting my business. Still have to find time to design stuff for clients...



Admist total choatic-ness, someone is certainly enjoying his moment of 'ZEN' here. My groom is relaxing with his soothing 'cucumber eye-mask'! Isshhh!


You see la.... stress or not????

2 comments:

i said...

It didn't sound that bad to me till I saw the pic of your beloved relaxing hahaha...

Take it easy...time to head for some spa sessions!

Redbabe said...

hahahaha....