WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Smart (not) Malaysian Identity Card

So, I have 3 months of maternity leave.  It is a lot to many of you.  Thanks to the robbers, half of it is spent running around getting all documents in place.  I have just collected my new IC with new address a day prior to the incident and have no choice but to reapply another.just as I thought I have gotten everything in place (credit cards, IC, ATM cards, passport), I was told I need to reapply for my driving license too despite of all info already merged into our IC.  

Our ICs are one smart cookie that comes with an embedded chip which stores all info as well as can be used as a cash card.  It supposed to be one card for all.  And now, despite of it being introduced at least 10 years ago, it's claimed functions are still not fully integrated and utilized.  

All that is left to say is, welcome to Malaysia.  I love my country very much.  Good or bad.

No comments: