WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What to do when you are being robbed off your purse...

If you are robbed off your purse, this is what you should do:-

1) Cancel all credit cards & ATM cards.
2) Make a police report. Pls get certified true copy.
3) With the police report, apply for IC.
4) With the temporary IC, get new ATM cards.

If you are as unlucky as me being robbed of your passport too, appended below is what you should be doing:-

1) Head to your nearest Immigration Dept.
2) Acquire application form (IM.42 Pin 1/97) & investigation form (IM.42C).
3) Complete all forms.
4) The investigation form need to be signed witnessed by a Commisioner for Oath.
5) Prepare 2 copies of IC, 2 copies of birth cert, 2 passport size photos, 2 copies of certified police reports.  Pls bring along originals for verifications.
6) Submit all to 'Investigation Dept.' of immigration.
7) To call 5 days later for investigation outcome.
8) If approved for replacement, proceed with payments.


As for all the lain-lain cards... loyalty cards/membership cards & etc... just reapply as you go along. I am sure you can't remember all the cards you have. :p. I certainly can't.

To make life easier, as precaution, just make a copy of all your important documents including bank cards.

I shall know the outcome of my lost passport by this Friday.  Hopefully all is well and I am allowed a replacement.  Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

1 comment:

mun said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too that you will get a new passport. And thank you for the checklist on what to do.