WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, April 22, 2013

The Bump @ 9 mths

At 9 months, water retention began to set in.  On days that I felt a little tingling on my feet, I will find a pair of really puffed up feet that don't really look quite like mine.  :p  On days like these, I will doubled up on water consumption, at least 2 litres a day, before 6pm and walk a little more.  It helps tremendously!  Lucky for me, I experience the water retention bits only for couple of days at this stage of pregnancy. I read that some have them as early as 10 weeks!  

Prevention for Water Retention
Drink at least 2 litres of water before 6pm.
Walk more but not over doing it.
Always put your feet up to rest (higher than level of heart).
Sleep with your feet resting on a pillow.
Watch your sodium intake.

Other than the water retention issues, I've also experience some leg cramping at night.  For this, I up my banana consumption and off it went too :).  These days, my favourite beverage would be the 'Banana Buzz' from Booze.  :)

Prevention for Leg Cramps
Stretch your legs few times a day.
Rotate & wiggle your toes to increase circulation.
Avoid crossing your legs/stand for long periods of time.
Up your banana intake

Happy 9th months!

No comments: