WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, May 25, 2012

I Helped To Make Less Go Hungry

Today I volunteered at Soup Kitchen under our bank's CSR project.  This is also part of the reason why I love my job.  It provides me opportunities like these to contribute back to the society so I can do more bad.  Lols...  Our bank's CSR, I was told, has always been organized by the Human Resource Department.  However, this year, they decided that each department would undertake to organize a CSR event instead.

We kicked started the chain of CSR events today at the Jinjang Soup Kitchen, organized by Marketing.  This first round was organized for us, the committees.

Arrives at 10am sharp, helped to arrange all tables and chairs & peel some onions while waiting for the chief for briefing.  After the briefing, we were divided into 3 groups.  One group serve, one group ensuring there are constant supply of clean utensils and another group, out at the diners to ensure tables are clean.  And we rotated our duties every 45 minutes or so.  In between, we need to ensure food & water are refilled and so are condiments. :)

And so, it was like that from 11:15 ~ 2:15pm.  None stop.  And after that, cleaned up and washed down the entire place before calling it a day. :)  It was fun working along retired aunties and uncles as well as other colleagues.  We shared so much fun and laughters.  I bet everyone who came in for a meal too enjoyed themselves... :)

I'll share some pictures another time.  But first, I will need to steal from someone. :)

Have a great weekend!  I know mine would be for I am happier already! :)

1 comment:

mun said...

Well done for sparing your time for the less fortunate!