WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween in Malaysia

Remember I was freaking myself out when I was doing some research on a certain character I was planning to dress up as for Halloween?  Well, this is it.  The character I had my heart set on... the Zombie Nurse.

I thought it was rather spooky.  And so, since then, with whatever little time I have for the past two weeks, I've tried googling for the costume and found this online...


Next, I googled for 'how to make fake blood'... which, in the end, I did not make but used a mixture of blue & red acryllic paint (which I found in my piles of arty stuff) instead to bloodified the costume.  I am just lazy, tired and don't have the time.

When I couldn't find any white face paint left in the market (party shops, art shops, toys r us & etc, never knew Halloween was such a big thing here in Malaysia!), I ambitiously thought of making them myself.  And so I googled it.  It is not that complicated.  Just that I don't know what glycerin is and not sure if i wanna waste money buying it when my concoction might not be successful.  I didn't in the end.  Becky, a friend of mine was over at our place to do make up together and she have extra :)  I just used her's.


And lastly, I tried youtube-ing some basic zombie make up tutorial, managed to pick up some tips and here's the end result of my character. :)
*
*
*
*
*

*
*
*
*







The security guard almost had a heart attack when we drove past the boom gate late last night on our way out to Modesto. :p  There were three of us in the car.  A zombie nurse (me), zombie patient (the husband) and Emily (the corpse bride)!  Lols.... If the neighbour had caught us leaving the house last night, they might begin to wonder who we really were.... human really? :p
Our clan at Modesto.  It is just a pity that not everybody dressed up to the occasion unlike the previous year and the year before that.  We were probably the most happening ones there last night...
Florence came to join us later all dress up as a pirate... hmm.... more sexy than scary.  :p   Couldn't dance much throughout the night cause didn't want the make up to melt away... lols...
We did a thriller dance though, Glee's version of Thriller.  Though a little messy but with the lighting and all, it turned out pretty cool though.  
Personally, I find character like mine are a tad more spookier as compared to demons, witches and etc.  You know, like zombie doctors, police and so forth.  All one have to do is just to stand there, complete with make up and a hollow look.  Lols...... Easy job to spook.

So that's my Halloween.  The first I went all dressed up.  How's yours?


5 comments:

Mrs. Pancakes said...

i haven't dressed up in ages but oh wow..your costumes looks AMAZING! job well done!

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

That's scary.....

Alina Grace said...

AWESOME!!! Even Harrison looks scary!!!

mun said...

OOoooo, spooky. I wouldn't be able to recognise you if I run into you and I would be scared silly. Halloween is just another day for me, never celebrated it except to give out some candies when children came to treat or trick at the door last time.

Redbabe said...

:)