WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Short Getaway To Avillion PD (plus some points to ponder)

In the midst of dinner the other night, I was chatting with the husband.  I said, "Darling, if a Genie were to jump out now and give me two options to choose one from...

(1) blasting me back to the past to school days time where there were no worries; or
(2) blasting me to the future,

... I would ask the Genie to go fly kite instead :p.  I love life so much that there is not a thing that I would like to change if I were to relive the past nor would I want to fast forward to the future and miss the process of getting there be it good or bad.  Good or bad, I want to embrace it all.  They are just life experiences that adds value.  :)  Don't believe me?  Let's take a walk down memory lane.  Identify the 'worst' part of your life.  Does it even feel that 'worst' now?  Not really isn't it.  If you allow yourself to, you may even smile at it now. :)

***

Anyway, two weekends ago, went for a short weekend getaway with Flor & Mambo to Port Dickson to unwind and chill out a little.  Just a short 2D/1N thingy.  Nothing elaborate about the short trip.  A less than an hour journey to sun, sea and sand and not forgetting a whole lot of imagined fresh air too.  Still good.  (Imagined cause I think it is still too closed to city for any quality fresh air!).  :)
We stayed at the much talked about Water Chalet at the Avillion.  A perfect idyllic little place for a short getaway :)  It was really nice and I fell in love with it immediately.  It was my virgin trip to Avillion.  My other two friends had been there before.  So they are not as mad about the whole place as I did. :p
Each of our unit came with a private sundeck, a huge bathroom with an open air shower (which I forgotten to take picture.  No, actually I don't really fancy taking pictures of toilets to share... :p), a really nice day bed to chill plus a huge four posted king size bed!  

We forgotten to request for a twin sharing or probably the agent who handled our booking at their KL office thought we are just a hot lesbian couple on honeymoon!  Lols.....
This little town where Avillion is used to produce charcoal a long time ago.   Other than charcoal, tin ore were plentiful too in Lukut (an area within the district) which attracted Chinese immigrant miners.  The British envisioned the little town to have great potential as a harbour.  It was later developed as a small port by the British.  It was believed to be named after a Sir John Frederick Dickson who was the officer in-charge during that era in 1889.  Since then, it has evolved into a busy trading centre with construction of railways to facilitate growth.  Today, Port Dickson is no longer a busy port nor trading centre.  Just a little town with beautiful tourist destinations. :)
All three of us agreed that though the resort is pretty near to the city, it still able to emit the 'feel' of a vacation.  The only downside was, the people working at the resort were not as hospitable as resorts in Bali or Phuket.  One don't get friendly smiles or greetings whenever path are crossed.  Hmm... probably is just a Malaysian to Malaysian thingy.  Maybe a local tourist is not considered a tourist.  You save  your smile for another more worthy tourist. :p
There is even a petting zoo in Avillion that housed many cute little animals which include a variety of rabbits, beautiful pet chickens and colourful peacocks.  There was a time as we were walking past, we found a chicken outside the fenced up little zoo, pecking at the fence wanting to get back inside.  Worrying about it's safety, we rounded up on the little chicken with the intention of getting hold of it and putting it back to it's rightful place.  As we were closing in on it, it suddenly flew and went across into the zoo.  It really caught us all by surprise.  We were in shock for a sec before breaking out in hysterical laughters.  We forgotten that chicken do fly!  Lols...  With that, we realized that the fence was not built to keep the pets in, but, to keep the human out.  Dang...!
The birds are free to roam/fly anywhere they like in the resort.  This peacock was seen taking it's evening stroll by the pool where we were sun tanning (Flor)/swimming (Mambo)/lazing out (me with a book!).  It was so cool isn't it?  
Nothing beats a cold beer by the pool on a beautiful hot sunny day except for Coke Light of course cause I am having it!  I was pretty tempted to go for a beer but was watching my weight.  Somehow, I just bloat madly with beer.  Better watch it before I crush my dance partner to pile of nothingness. :p
What I love most at Avillion (besides the fabulous water chalet) is their other pool which is strictly for adults only.  No, nothing of that sort that is currently playing in your mind.  We don't swim in nude.  Lols.  Just no children.  Rather nice actually for a change.  Can just sun, swim, read, drink and doze off there! :)  Peaceful.  What more to ask for for just RM200?  Yeah, just RM200, about US$70.  Not RM2000.  :)

What happened was, sometime in March, Flor and I was in desperate need for a short vacation.  Then she remembered a friend mentioned something about some Avillion package promotion that was going on.  She immediately called up to enquire and the next thing I remembered was, the two of us marching into their office in KL and purchased a 1 year membership for RM599!  With this membership, we are entitled to:

1 night stay in Avillion Port Dickson
1 night stay in Avillion Admiral Cove
1 night stay in Avillion Legacy Malacca
plus a whole lots of discounts vouchers, free meals and special room rates.

RM599 divided between the two of us were just RM299.50!  I would say that is like super cheap!  And that, is how we ended up with a 2D/1N getaway to Avillion Port Dickson! :) As for Mambo, he couldn't resist the deal when we told him about it during one of our happy hours session. 

When we got tired of the pool, we went fly kite at the beach.  Literally.  Actually I was busy taking pictures most of the time.  They were the ones who flew the kite.  
Flor was smart enough to bring a kite or we would have one less thing to do there (or I would have one less object to shoot) :p.  The vivid colours of the kite against the blue sky were simply awesome!
One of the many shots that I like :)  My unsuspecting targets enjoying the sunsetting beach.
And another of a golden sunset with tiny stretch of dry land with trees plus an oil platform caught in the far distance.
And of course two hot babes by the beach to complete the picture.  Afterall, what is beach photography without babes?!? Hehehe...  It was also at this very moment that I was attacked by sandflies.  I tell you, they really are the most annoying little bunch of creatures in the world.  The itch..... can die arr!!!  I have counted a total of more than 10 nasty big red bites on my legs and arms.  Just perfect when I have to look my best for a dinner event!
That's me having a go at maintaining the kite up there and oh boy!  They were surprised when I could handle it so naturally.  Come on, flying a kite is like the main hi-light of my childhood ok... (and adulthood too but that is a totally different aspect altogether :p).  I was like one of the best kite flyer along my jalan (the street I lived in).  Under 'little girls' category that is.  :)  But still.... it is worth something. :)
We had a simple dinner of chilli crabs, fried rice and eggs/vege (I couldn't quite recall) with help of a GPS which pointed us to a rather presentable place listed under 'restaurants' in Port Dickson.  The name of the restaurant was something .. Seaview. :p  Lols... I was too hungry to take note of it.  But, I also believe there are many other equally yummy restaurants scattered around Port Dickson too.  Just be adventurous when you are there next time.  Mini myni mini mo to pick one :D
We collected our pre ordered complimentary marble cheese cake from the hotel's coffee house before adjourning back to Mambo's suite (cause we don't wanna mess up our's :p) for a small belated birthday celebration for Flor.  The cake were simply delicious.  Not too sweet and the texture were just right.  It was just a pity that we were not able to finish it and it was too big to be stuffed into the mini bar.
Our one and only group photo for the trip.  Can tell we had had a great day!
It was monopoly after that.  I tell you, playing a game of monopoly with filled tummies + good wine can get pretty, ermm... pretty crazy.  Everything just seems extra funny and hillarious.  We laughed so much that evening, at practically everything.  The best part was, we only had a bottle of wine plus a sip of tequila which eventually had me swore off it for good.  It was yucky!  I don't like TEQUILA.
Here I got bored building so many houses, I gave myself a silly teenager's hairdo while waiting for them to settle their debts :p
I was never into monopoly much but this set that Mambo brought really had me fallen head over heels with the game.  It was a cashless game.  Transactions of million dollars are done strictly thru credit cards.  Monopoly credit card that is.  Impressive.  Now I am itching to get a set for myself. :) Oh, did I mentioned that Mambo collects Monopoly set from all over the world?
Picture of my properties in London and New York!  If only they were real... I really can goyang kaki already (shake legs)... :p
The first one to hit a balance of 600k and below and a bankruptcy eventually.
The other bankruptcy.
And the millionaire for the night was yours truly :)  Millionaire, millionaire, millionHAIR got la....

We relax out at the patio after that enjoying our wine together with the sea breeze and the shimmering lights from a distance shore chatting away at nothing of importance before calling it a night.  I love an easy outing like this one.  Going home smelling of sun! 


***

Even though I may stand a risk of not remembering a thing at the end and still, I wouldn't want to miss a thing.  I simply love being alive and welcoming what each day would bring be it exciting or not.  I love breathing in a lung full of fresh air (though they are usually not fresh in this part of the city we are living in, but still...), I love irritating the hell out of the husband, I love running through the dance choreo in my head over and over again, I love making silly jokes out of myself, I love having nothing to do though sometimes it bores the hell out of me.
  
What's the point of living life complaining about it?  At the end of the day, we just wasted our lifetime away.  I really don't know what's the meaning of 'a lifetime'.  Is a lifetime now?  Or now is it just a small part of a bigger thing?  Like in a game or something.  Like this is just a stage that we have to get thru to get to a bigger picture.  Hmmm... points to ponder.  But then again, whatever a lifetime means, does it really matters?

5 comments:

Mrs. K said...

This definitely looks like a fun mini vacay well deserved :). I'll be taking one with my husband this weekend too

missyblurkit said...

i wanna hop there too. pm me the deets for me to buzz them:D

What I Did Today said...

Wow! You definitely are living THE LIFE! Great beach pictures. I need a vacation now...

Passer-by said...

Hi there, just a passer-by. Really interested to get that package you bought! Any idea if I can still get it? Mind passing me the number? Thanks!

Passer-by said...

Oh yeah you can email it to me if you don't wanna display as comment. earthling1984@hotmail.com
Thanks a lot!