WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Out of breath, needed Air Supply.

I was a little lazy to update blog as I don't know where to start.  I should have started with Beijing but then again, I am still seeing stars with the thousands of photos and again, I don't know where to start from there. Lols....
This past week (since last Fri) has been anything but mundane.  Joined the MRS group at Prinz (owned by another fellow MRS-ian) to celebrate a belated birthday for a member and a farewell for another who will be leaving us for Penang.  Hubby and I were just there for a short while and from photos plastered all over FB the next day, can tell that a big majority got 'wasted' towards the end of the night.  This is one car group that not only does car stuff together, but makan-makan (food), Baskin Robbin ice cream nights, runs, charity and latest I read, kick boxing too.  *thumbs up* ;)
Two weekends ago, while we were away for holiday, the salsa people had their Halloween Party :(.  So last Saturday, we make it a point to be there to celebrate the 1st Salsa Caliente Annivesary.  It was a blast in Modesto!  We had so much fun salsa-ing, bachata-ing & merengue-ing away on the dance floor for three and a half hour straight (the husband woke up to a backache the next morning...lols... over shook his bon bon!).  Can you spot me in the sea of red?  
Some crazy photos from Alina's camera taken with friends.  Can see everyone was drenched in sweat from all the dancing.  When this photo was taken, I was already into my second top.  The theme was red and black.  My first top was black.  :p
And one of Alina & me.  I told her I like this photo very much.  Her boobs cover half of my body thus making me look slimmer.  Hahahaha...  Nolar... actually, I thought her dress were rather pretty!  Yeah, really, it is the dress.  Not the slimmer me. :p
Next day, with the aching back (the husband), we joined some friends to Ti-Ratana for the handing over of gifts to the kids under the  'Gold Ribbon Campaign: Grant A Wish on Universal Children's Day'.  I thought it was just a simple event where we drop by, hand the gifts to the kids and chit chat a little.  It turned out to be more than that.   There were even performances from the kid *so cute*!  
I was rather horrified when I found out that we have to hand the gifts on stage *faint*.  Both kids that we have picked were not present to collect their gifts that day :( .  One was down with fever and the other one was helping out in the setting up of a Deepavali event. Representatives collected on their behalf.  Nevertheless, we hope they like what we have picked out for them.  
This little boy was smiling from ear to ear upon receiving his gifts.  :)  It is smiles like these that makes the effort worth while.  You can practically see all the kids went ballistic as they opened up their presents.  Hehehe.... The husband and I agreed that we shall do it again come next year. :)
With so much activities, we were naturally out of breath and needed some air supply... hehehe... So, it was Air Supply on Monday night with Florence.  Neither of us is a big fan.  We don't hate them nor love them.  We know we listen to them but couldn't quite pinpoint exactly which songs they sang.  We decided to go for it anyway and didn't regret the decisions a single bit.  As it turned out, we know quite lots of their songs. ;)  Though just the two of us, we had so much fun grooving to 'Lost In Love', 'Making Love Out Of Nothing At All', 'Goodbye' and many more... I never quite understood the idea of going to a concert but I think I am getting a hang of it and pretty enjoyed it too.  I guess, at the end of the day, it is the company that matters.  We both agreed that the next one would be Jay Chou's.  ;)
I was coincidentally in MidValley on Tuesday when tickets for Harry Potter's Deathly Hallows were opened for sale.  Really, I didn't camp overnight there for the tickets lols...  Splurged on the husband's monies and got ourselves 2 gold class tickets for Wednesday (yesterday).  We have both agreed a long time ago that we should pampered ourselves with the comfort gold class' have to offer once a month or whenever there are good movies that's worth the splurge.  We enjoyed Deathly Hallows immensely though it was a much much shorter version as compared to the book.  Now I can't wait till next year for the final part... *patient.... *
Got home after the movie and quickly got ready for the party that night.  Though it was supposed to be a belated Halloween Pyjamas Party, it looks more like a pyjamas party than a Halloween except for of course that bowl of worm jello (which turned out rather gross towards the night) and pumpkin candy prepared by yours truly.  hehehe...
As usual, we have too much food - sweet & sour crabs and salted egg crabs from Penny, roasted duck from Florence, tidbits from Caren, Taiwanese crispy chicken and some chicken floss rolls from Derek, green tea cake from WaiKong, fruits from Jason and etc... BUT, we still managed to finished 90% of it.  Unbelievable but true.  Not forgetting all the drinks too - Baileys, Remy Martin, Hennessy and don't know what else... 
I swear I only had a tiny weeny glass of Bailey's.  Yeah, I know, so not me.  But I just don't feel like drinking much last night. Imagine I am already like that with one small glass.  What would happen if I have more?  Lols... Not hard to imagine eh?  Hehehehe...  Probably would end up with more than one mole.  Lols...
We supposed to watch 'Paranormal' but ended up watching some really gross out show - The Piranhas.  Bloody.  Very bloody.  Limbless, dick-less, boobies-less, head-less.... Ewwwww.....  Overall, it was good as usual.  But I think we have lots of room for improvement when come to 'theme' night.  I myself didn't really try hard enough.  Found this old pyjamas which was used for the 'hair combing' ceremony when we got married two over years ago.  It is also the first time in my entire life I tied my hair in two pony tails.  Plus the mole and the extra red cheeks, I thought I look a little like some female ghost out of some chinese horror...that is if I just look somber.  But with that silly face, I think I look more like some mental asylum runaway... lols...
And as I was sitting here blogging out all the happenings, this fella simply dived head down into my coffee.  Where did all these flies came from all of a sudden???!  Hmm... I think I really did swallowed one the other time *blek* Damn flies.  Go die.

With a blink of an eye, it's already Thursday.  Weekend is here again.  Have some plans for weekend but I can't recall them for time being.  And it is already November too.  In slightly more than a month, it will be Christmas, then new year, then Chinese New Year.  Goodness me... whatever happened to 2010???!  Did it actually exists?

6 comments:

mun said...

Your post title is really pure genius! I like listening to Air Supply's songs.

Mrs. K said...

Wow, the past weeks have been so eventful for you. Looked like so much fun. Enjoyed the pics too. I hope this upcoming weekend is great for you too. :)

Alina Grace said...

Wow!!! You are so full of activities!!!! But most importantly, you have fun and that counts most!

Redbabe said...

Mun: Hehehe... it just pops up out of no where. Yeah, not too bad ya Air Supply. After the concert, i've been youtube-ing their songs. Felt like walking down memory lane..:)

Mrs K: It was fun! But i think i need to tone it down a little this weekend to recuperate. Lols... probably a lazy weekend.

Alina: Yeah, that's what count most.

What I Did Today said...

I know, right? 2010 has totally FLOWN by! Weird. And I laughed so hard at how you said that your hubs "over shook his bon bon." Too funny!

Redbabe said...

hehehehehehe....really.. he DID over shook it!