WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Almost A Decade Ago & Today

Weekend has been uneventful.  Finished reading the trilogy (What a story! Strongly recommended.).  Test driven a Golf GTI for the fun of it and got myself a free cap from Volkswagen (apparently it was 'test drive day' yesterday).  Went to sweat it out a little at the gym but got distracted halfway thru at the sight of super firm butt of two cute guys. But they are most probably gays.  Haven't you heard of the saying... "All good men are somebody else' husband and all cute guys are gays"?  Lols... 

Only halfway thru dinner with a bunch of friends last night that I realized it was 21st November.  A date 9 years ago, when the husband and I decided to get together and give us a try to see how far we would go.  I am still in awe that we actually have been an item for almost a decade.  9 years is a really long time.  But the best part is, it felt just like 'not too long ago'.  And seriously, if that is how 9 years felt like, 'ever after' might in fact be just 40 winks.

I interrupted the husband in the midst of his conversation with a friend and whispered into his ear, "Hey, today is 21st, the anniversary of us!".  He paused for a sec and went "21st November... yeah....our anniversary".  He then shake my hand and said... "Happy anniversary dear!".  Hahahaha...  I was like... "Wtf? Happy anniversary with a handshake?" lols... It was funny nevertheless.

Before married, we used to celebrate that date.  After marriage, seriously, we are not even sure which date we are suppose to celebrate.  Rightfully, we should be celebrating our wedding date.  But the date of our wedding is about 2.5 months after our civil ceremony (registration of our marriage).  By right, the registration is more important than the wedding day right?  And then, 21st Nov.  The date we started dating.  It should be equally important too for without that day, we won't be where we are today.  No?  Hmmm....  you get what I mean now?  It can get pretty complicated this anniversary business.

After being together for almost a decade, we sort of already have a mutual understanding re this.  Just a simple 'happy anniversary' wish will do.  I learned to understand that what really matters is at least we are still together this anniversary, happy and in love.



8 comments:

What I Did Today said...

Hahahaha! So funny! No matter how you celebrate (or don' celebrate) happy anniversary to you two! Here's to MANY, MANY more!

mun said...

Happy belated 9th anniversary of getting together! May there be many, many, many, many more anniversaries to come. :)

Mrs. K said...

Too cute. I totally understand what you are saying. I thought I was the only one who thought about this stuff but I guess there are other crazy ladies out there like myself. LOL. Just kidding. My hubby and I had our 10th year together anniversary in October and his reaction was similar to your hubby's. Guys will be guys. LMBO off at "cute ones are gay." You're hilarious.

Gerry said...

Wonderful anniversary to the both of you. Your relationship with each other is definitely inspiring - with individuality, mutual respect, allowance of space and genuine support. Now, if that is not a facade of love, what is?

Alina Grace said...

Congrats, my dear! May there me more anniversaries to celebrate! And you are right, it doesn't matter which anniversary you celebrate, a simple one would suffice and the most important; you are both celebrating it together!!!

Muah! Muah!

Redbabe said...

WIDT, Mun, Alina & Gerry: Thanks. ;)

Mrs K: You just met another crazy thinker! Lols....

Mrs. Pancakes said...

congrats on the anniversary..simplicity is really the spice of life!

Redbabe said...

TQ Ms Pancakes.