WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Praise the Lord

I've been so busy lately. Busy seeing as many clients as I can for my uncle and also juggling Springtime in the process. There are just so much to do and I hope I didnt missed out anything. I did write down the stuff I need to do, the problem is, the notes are all over the place... hah! Gotta be more systematic.
Just wish to relate about something happened this morning. I've a client and a colleague both preaching to me on how great the Lord is over lunch. Well, it is just a normal meeting which somehow got off track. They said something like they are planting a seed in me now and let God do the magic later. They encourage me to join the Sunday school and etc.


As the lunch goes on, they were talking about some parts of the bible and I was nodding away and in between give my two cents (mind you, i do know the bible)...and straightaway I was being shot at to not read the bible like a story book but to try to think what God is trying to convey.


Point is, how can one person pre-judged a person's understanding on bible studies just because he/she is a buddhist? Strange isnt it? Just because one has not accepted Christ doesnt mean one do not understand the sacrifised of the almighty. Dont get me wrong, I've nothing against Him or my client or my colleague. Just a thought that leaves me very confused.

You may find it strange that why me, a Buddhist reads the Bible. Well, I dont only read the Bible, I also read books on Buddhism teaching and many others as well. I attended Bible studies when I was young and I still remember how we would always say our prayers during our school assembly. During college days, I joined the Christian Youth Club and praise the Lord. I goes to buddhist temples often too to offer dana to the underprivelege. And not too long ago, I ventured to a Hindu temple and did some prayers too. Besides belief/religion, I frequent orphanage once in awhile to teach the kids to paint and so forth...

There is only a simple reason for all these... and that is, that I have faith in God (in whichever face he appear in : Jesus, Buddha or Allah) and I will continue to do good, good to my family, my friends, people around me, contribute to the society with no expectation. At the end of the day, when I am being called Home, whether my Home is up there or down below, whether I'll be singing with the angels or burning with the devils, it is not important to me. Most importantly is I've touched lives, make a difference and contributed in one way or another without holding back.


Many people may not understand where I am coming from...I am a staunch believer in this.

No comments: