WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Lousy Design?


This fridge was a house warming gift from some close colleagues and my boss. It's a small fridge, but sufficient for my usage. This fridge has been with me since 2002.


The story is, I never knew where the excess water tray was. Whenever I defrost the fridge, my kitchen floor will be all wet by time I got back from work. Such a stupid fridge. So whenever I wanna defrost my fridge, I would place lot of towels at the base to soak up the excess water.


As I was clearing the stacks of warranty cards & manuals of all the electrical appliances in my house yesterday, I came across the fridge manual and decided to check it out. Found out that it does have a water tray and it is located at the back of the fridge. I did try to look for the water tray for the past 5 years. Looked left, looked right, looked everywhere... everywhere except the back.


Honestly, is it a bad design or it is me??? Harrison looked too... also find nothing. Fridge is usually placed against a wall. How on earth are we gonna empty the tray if it is located at the back against the wall??? duh..............stupid designer!


8 comments:

i said...

Perhaps they have washing machine in mind when they designed this. But they forgot that washing machine has a HOSE connected to the back, not a TRAY. LOL

Redbabe said...

hahahahaha...........good one!

Seriously, these days, are all the trays at the back??? I am really out!

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

serendipity, saw that little junk box on top of the fridge? cute eh?

Redbabe said...

ermm... its called the Juke Box... I wont put a junk on my fridge....:p

i said...

Not sure about having trays nowadays as most fridges are on auto-defrost. Haha redbabe, you reminded me of my old fridge. Will blog about that later on.

Yes, saw the nice jukebox! Where did you get it? But I was more busy trying to see the door magnets LOL

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

hahaha, junk box???ya hor why u want to put a junk box on top of yr fridge, ya, is call a juke box, compliment fr 'guinness stout'

Redbabe said...

the fridge magnet? I got most of them from the countries i visited. As for the one in chef hat, i bought it here cause it look ugly...so ugly that it makes me laugh.. haha...

note the orang utan & the cat... i painted those.

i said...

Hehe one man's junk is another man's treasure!

You painted them? Nice! Even the ugly chef looks funny!