WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spying the Cleaner

I am up early today because... I wanna spy on our part time cleaner. :p  Lols...  

Every Sunday morning, I would let the cleaner in, and crawl right back into bed.  Wake up much later when she is done with downstairs for her to clean up our floor.  Come on... it's SUNDAY.  

Over lunch with two colleagues last week, the topic was 'part time cleaners'.  They lamented how their cleaners does the job.  One rag to wipe the entire counter surface without rinsing leaving trails of dirt stain (!), dish washing sponge to clean the sink (!), not vacuuming and rolling up the mats after that to mop underneath it (!) and when wiping tables, they would only wipe area that is not covered by stuff.  *gasp*

Both of them have their fair share of stories from experiences and all that I contributed was... "I am satisfied with mine..." :p and they went like... "Gladys, you are the only one with no complains...".  I went like... o.O  And that makes me wonder, am I being too RELAX? 

The thing is, I don't watch what she does.  If she is cleaning downstairs, I would be snoozing away.  When she is cleaning upstairs, I would be downstairs doing my stuff.  As long as it felt clean, I am fine.     From their instigation, I became suspiciously curious.  Hahaha...

And so, here I am, since 7:45am on a SUNDAY morning, pretending to be working away on my laptop but, actually, SPYING.  *james bond theme song in my head*

The Findings
She wiped all counter surfaces.
Yes, she rinsed the rag.
She wiped most grill the max her height could reach.
She vacuumed the place.
Rolled up the carpet.
Mopped the floor.
Swept & mopped the patio & verandah.
Wash toilets.
Removed deco/books on table before wiping it.
Tidy up the place a little.
In kitchen, she wiped around the appliances :p
Cleaned the sink with a cleaning brush.
Cleaned the used vacuum.
Iron clothes.
Replaces rubbish bags in the bin.
Take out the garbage.

I am not expecting 100% squeaky clean.  She is, afterall, human. If I were to clean myself, it would not be 100% too.  One cleaner, 4 hours, 3 floors.  Not an easy job.  

The Verdict
I am still satisfied.

  

3 comments:

mun said...

4 hours one cleaner can clean 3 floors - wow! that's very good. Must be super tiring. How much do you pay for this cleaner? (if you don't mind me asking).

Redbabe said...

Yeah... it is super tiring. If it is condo, it will be squeaky clean.

I paid RM257/month (once a week, 4hrs/session). RM60+ each time.

mun said...

Thanks for the info. 60++ for 4 hours seems like a good deal.