WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, March 25, 2013

8 months (already?) - Reality Check.

8 months already?  Holyshit...!  It's happening.  Reality struck.  A baby really gonna be coming out of me.  Holyshit, holyshit, holyshit.  It only strikes now to find out how much hospital would cost or detail description of how delivery would take place.  :p  And we've yet to know if I am going for natural or c-sec.  :p  Speaking about denial... hahaha... All I know is, I can't reach my toes and they are hideous.  Time to visit the manicurist.
Got a reality check shock when the pregnancy apps prompted to get ready the hospital bag on 32 weeks.  Halfway thru some chinese drama on tv I went like.... O.o  "WHAT? hospital bag? So early? OMG!  Hospital bag!".  It could mean the baby could come anytime!  Holyshit!  Hurriedly I went, dump everything into the bag!  For... just in case.  You never know.

Checklist for hospital bag (for mommies):
Toiletries
Comfy PJs
Socks
Going home clothes
Disposal panties
Sanitary pads
Nursing bras
Breast pad
Ipad & a good book
Camera
Contact list for notification

Checklist fof hospital bag (for babies):
Receiving blankets
Going home clothes
Change of clothes
Hanky
Diapers

Good thing is, I already have most thing in place.  Just need to ensure they are at the right place.  Hahahaha... These past few weeks, have been collecting hands-me-down for newborn, and washing them.  Apparently hand-me-down are more comfy for newborn and no point wasting money since they grow out of it pretty fast.  It was a cute sight seeing all these little clothing drying out in the laundry room.  Don't even know how to fold and put them away.  So tiny & adorable!  
I bought this one.  Couldn't resist the bunny feet.  Lols...

Friends has been very kind sending over stuff like dozens of wet wipes, baby bouncer, bottle steriliser, breast pump, belly belts, baby plus early education and so forth.  Felt very blessed to be surrounded with kind souls. :)  

Checklist for baby stuff:
Layette & Diapering
Diapers
Baby wipes
Cotton
Towel hanky (burp cloths)
Swaddle blanket
Bath towel
Newborn socks/booties/babylegs
Newborn cap
T-shirts/all-in-one

Baby Care Product
Natural baby shampoo/bodywash/lotion/oil
Diaper cream - Bepanthene
Nail clipper
Brush/comb - don't think our baby have enough hair to be combed.  Lols
Gripe water (for colic)  - necessary?
Pacifiers (2-3 brands) - avoiding the need
Bath tub & insert
Umbilical cord oil
Umbilical cord towel
Powder & case
Cotton bud for babies

Baby Gear
Carrier (the kangaroo thingy)
Car seat
Stroller
Bouncer seat
Diaper bag - gonna use my Timbuktu
Diaper disposal bags

Furniture & Accessories
Baby cot/crib/pen
Waterproof pads
Changing pads

Nursing Necessities
Nursing pillow
Breast pad
Soothing gel pads/cream
Nursing bras
Breast pump
Milk storage bottles

Feeding
Milk bottles
Bottle warmer
Bottle sterilizer
Bottle & accessories cleanser

New Mother Care
Disposable undies
Extra long maxi pads
Comfortable PJs/slippers/socks
Bath robe
C-Sec - post partum support belt & scar healing cream
Confinement herbs
Massage therapy

Health & Safety
Digital thermometer
Nasal aspirator
Baby monitor
Nightlight
Dyes & perfume free detergent
Baby gate

Other Good Ideas
Full moon ideas
Maternity photography - DIY
Temporary helper
Stem cell banking
Insurance



I improvised the list a little to my own needs.

The excited husband has gotten the crib and dragged home a stroller behind my back which he got a really good deal for.  'Behind my back' cause I wanted one model and he, another.  So he cheated.  He quietly went and purchased the one he wanted.  But then again, it was a really good deal.  Half of it's original price!  :)

Believe it or not, we are going to be parents in another month or so.  PARENTS.  Yeah... believe it.  Two self centered adult kids being parents.  Hahahaha.... One more month for just us (the husband & I).  After that, it will forever be the girl/boy, until the day we die.  I am just so glad that I've done pretty enough for myself this far.  Cause I know that a month from now, every decisions we make, he/she will always be our top priority. It's about time anyway. :)

I tell you... this baby business thingy, is one EXPENSIVE business.  Lols...


2 comments:

mun said...

What a comprehensive checklist! Looks like you are ready for baby. Here's wishing you a safe and smooth delivery!

Redbabe said...

Thanks Mun! Hope the checklist would help other new parents...:)