WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Breakfast with the Birds at the Park!

One thought in my mind this past week.  

"Complications, problems, unresolvable issues, obstacles are all self created.  Meaning, we created them in our mind and let it grow.  If we don't perceived them as what they were but part and parcels of life,  how complicated can them be?  A problem will not be a problem if we don't see it as a problem."  
So, it's all in the mind.  Of course I understand that sometimes they are beyond our control.  Hormones and all are much to blame for this uncontrollable perception or emotion.  But, as long as we are aware of the contributing factor, we wouldn't be too far off.  Agree not?
Example: If you think your husband doesn't love you, no matter what he did, you will still think he doesn't love you.  When he brings you flowers, you would perceive that he is just trying to make up thus insincerity and that he is just doing it out of obligation.  As time goes, it will just escalate.
Or, many other instances which have been popping up in my head except for this very moment when I wanna blog about it, nothing pops.  Lols....  It's always like this isn't it?
Anyway, was out at the Kuala Lumpur Birdpark last Sunday and it was great.  That was until my camera's battery depleted.  After that, it was not so great already. :p Lols... I supposed to bring my camera bag which has a fully charged spared battery.  On the very last minute, decided to chuck them in my handbag instead of that cumbersome bag.  Naturally, I missed out the battery.  Sigh... what's new?  Well, at least this time round, I remembered the memory card!  Lols....
Gotten the ticket at half price sometime back when I visited Matta Fair (some travel fair).  Thought it would be good for some photography practice.  Never been anyway.  Nothing to loose.
We got there at 9:30am and had breakfast with the birds at their Hornbill Restaurant.  The food sucks but environment was nice.  This bird here was at first just perching on the grill looking cute.  The moment I leave my plate, it just walk towards it.  Lols.... Seriously.  No joke. Despite of there were another two human sitting on that table.  The husband was brandishing fork & knife threatening that he will eat it alive.  It and it just strolled away cooly.  *super cute*  
The only downside was, I should've paid more attention to the names of these birds.  I was too happy snapping away.  Now, I don't know what bird are these. :p some kind of stork?
Nevermind.  I really don't know.  All I know is, they are dangerous.  They will snap their long pointy yellow beak at you if you are too close to one.
My favourite - an owl.  Some kind of owl :p  I know, I am pathetic.  Lols... I have a thing for owl.  Most people think that they look evil & spooky.  But I think they look so adorable with those heart shape pattern face, flattened, small little pointy beak curving downwards... not cute meh?  In fact, I think they are very intelligent!  Don't ask me why I think that.  I just think that. :p
You may notice that my blogging has been pretty senseless these days and that's because, I really can't find a good time for it.  If I am not working, I am dancing.  If I am not dancing, I am out with the husband compensating for limited time spent together these day (of course all those cleaning after the doggies too which somehow has become his job these days).  Or sometime, catching up with friends.  So the in-between time would be like now, at midnight?  And even that, if I have not passed out.  Literally.  The moment I hit the bed, I would be gone in not more than a minute. :p
Honestly, there are so much happenings.  I just don't have the luxury of time anymore.  Just last night, a girlfriend invited me to this really nice Contemporary Dance Performance called 'Scissors, Rock & Shadow Box' hosted by the Dutch Embassy.  Decided to just skip my training for once to enjoy myself and catch up a little.  We had such a great time and enjoyed the performance immensely.  I am never much of contemporary dance appreciator but this one, I simply love it.  The dancers were so expressive and strong.  Totally enjoying myself.  Oh, bumped into another friend there too from the Mauritius embassy and we had so much fun joking about.
Workwise was equally good too.  Began to mingle with other colleagues, feeling more comfortable at work, and every lunch time seems to be an 'updating' session or laughing senselessly with senseless jokes.  Looks like working life is fitting me rather well. :)  yeah, work fits me.  Not me fits work.  Lols.  Switching of perception. :)
Though I've no MSN nor FB connection at work (which, the thought of it used to be a nightmare), it was good too.  Some friends would always send me a 'good morning' email which never fails to add a little cheer to my otherwise maddening crazy hecticness at work! :)  Yes, my work are all those words described.  Even my mom thinks that I lost some weight few weeks into working.  Lols...  Well, the only downside would be, I can't communicate with mom as and when I like.  Even though we don't chat all the time last time, but at least I knew she was 'online'.  Now, I don't know.  So, it's a little weird.
Anyway, here's me, with an owl perching on my shoulder praying hard that it won't go crazy and start pecking my eyeball out.  :p  It's name, Kitty.  Love how it's feather swing outward above it's eyes.
With another smaller one on my wrist.  This one was a quiet one.  Shy little bird. :)
And last but not least, till I find another micro slot to blog, is a photo of us, shot with all those colourful birds.  Basically, we just sit ourselves on the bench and not move.  The workers then decorated us with those birds...  Hehehehehehe.... Nevertheless, another great photo, another great outing, another great week! :)

Cheers!

2 comments:

mun said...

Do the workers guarantee that the birds will not poop on the people when you all are being decorated?

Mrs. Pancakes said...

these are fantastic! beautiful birds. the one on your head is too cool!