WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, June 25, 2012

It was a June-ful of FUN!

I know I suppose to complete my Day 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 of our South Korea vacation, believe me, I am trying to too but I simply couldn't find the time to do it.  Because my entire June is gone. Let me tell you why...

My busy-ness basically started from the last week of May.  As I've earlier blogged, I ran 5km in the Standard Chartered Fun Run event in conjunction with the National Youth Day in Putrajaya that weekend.  I got a little tan from the run.
After which, I left for a short recuperating getaway to Philea Spa Resort in Malacca.  Got back the next day for a chilling out session with friends over cool beers.  The weather is simply too hot these days.  Chilled beer somehow seems so tantalizing!
On the first Sunday of June, was out in Petaling Street/Central Market area for a street photography outing with my bunch of photography enthusiast colleagues.
It was 3 hours under hot sun, roaming thru streets looking for 'interesting' subject to shoot, experimenting on different techniques, improving on better frame. It was a crazy hot afternoon that left sandal tanned lines on my feet.  I got yet a little more tanner! 
On the second Sunday of June, we were out baking under the cloudless blue sky at the Super GT Race in Sepang International Circuit.
Believe me, that was one super HOT day.  Hot sun, hot cars and not forgetting, hot girls too!  We all got really really tanned from this.  I was still all red when I got to work the next day.  I think one might catch a little whiff of burn if they sniff hard enough... hahaha...
It was a great opportunity for me to practice more panning.  Love this shot though it can be better.  Oh yeah, I even got an autograph from Cyndie Allemann from Hitotsuyama Racing Team driving the Audit R8-LMS.  It's not that I idolized her but, I am very proud of her achievement from a women point of view.  :)  
On the third weekend of June, we were off to Pulau Sibu again (went last July).  We simply love it too much and decided that we shall try to make it an annual thingy.
This time round, it was a little crazier (and more fun).  We hyped up their sunset aerobic.  There were just us in the beginning.  Towards the end, there were at least 40 pax.....!
We got a little more creative after couple of cans.  We moved the beach table from the sand into the water so that we have a table for our drinks, tidbits & sandwiches.  It was rather cool.  We get to feed fishes while we munched down our sandwiches.  Imagine this... cold beer, snacks plus colourful fishes swimming around you.... how awesome can it get?  hahahahaha....
Some of us pretended to be a peacock to get close to one!
Other than archery, we went for flying foxes too..... :)  Wiiii........................................!  Thank God the breakfast remained in the tummy!
The backdrop look rather surreal isn't it?  Like some scene out of Jurassic Park or Terranova.  I tell you, this place is addictive.
Nights are filled with game of monopoly, bargaining, negotiating and everything else we can think of over some really nice wine and even nicer company!  Oh, we even went for a moonlight jungle trekking on the first night we were there.  The sight of lighted up bobbling fishing boats out in the black sea from where we were up in the hill plus the sky full of twinkling stars simply took our breath away!
On the fourth weekend of June, last Friday, went pick mom up from the airport when she got back from her 21 days Europe Vacation.  She looks good!
Some of the postcards that arrived in my mailbox all the way from Switzerland & Munich.  Pretty isn't it?  Hope to cover that part of the world someday - Parisian coffee, Belgium chocolates, Brussels beer, Swiss watches and etc.... :)  
But, for time being, let's just concentrate on these: Australia, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, China, South Korea, Japan & Philippines.  The rest can wait. ;)
I requested for just a plain navy blue, medium size, long handed Longchamp.  Instead, I got 3!   A small short handle black for my casual days, a medium long handed navy & red with Eiffel for dailies.  How wonderful is that?  

Due to her huge & heavy luggages, instead of taking a coach back, the husband & I took a drive back to Kluang on Saturday to send her home!  Left KL at 10am, arrived Kluang at 12:30pm and back to KL again at 4:00pm.  Need to rush back on the same day due to prior engagement.  Nevertheless, it was a leisurely & enjoyable drive.  
And this morning, woke at 6:15am (overslept a little), accomplished our first 10km run!  It was quite an achievement on my part though I took 1:40:11 to complete.  But then again, I did not train.  What was I expecting?  :p  It is not the TIME, but the distance!   
Like what a friend shared on her FB... "The miracle isn't that I finished.  The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham.  Whoever John Bingham is, I couldn't have agreed more! 
 The first two finisher from our little group of 4. :)
This is the first '10km participation' for all of us.  The guys have never even done 5km.  Their very first virgin run! :p I was worried they might rolled down the hill... hahahaha....

There you have it.  My entire June.  Don't even asked about the weekdays for they are all filled with works, dinners, dancing, house chores & etc.  And, I am so TANNED.  :p

So you asked, what's in store for July?  Well, I planned to do nothing and recuperate, complete my South Korea travelogue before end of July where there is gonna be another exploration to somewhere INTERESTING1 (Shhh.....! Don't tell anyone! hahahahahaha....).  








2 comments:

mun said...

Wow, you have really been busy having some SERIOUS FUN! That's GOOD! Living life to the fullest. :)

Redbabe said...

hahahaha.... yeah.... i couldnt quite believe it either. I survived :) Though busy, it was really good living.