WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Couple of weeks back, I was very gungho about extending my lashes.  It was playing in my head for awhile and when I saw this promotion on one of those coupon site, I jumped right it.  Got myself an appointment first before even purchase the voucher.  :p Kiasu syndrome... Lols....

And so, I had my lashes extended on Saturday at 3:30pm and got it removed on Sunday 5:45pm... hahahahaha.... No, it was not a blotch job.  In fact, rather nice.  It would be nicer if it is thicker.  But I can live with that.  Reason of me having it removed after 24 hours was because, it irritates the hell out of me.  I don't like the feeling of  not being able to wash my face and sweep my eyes freely without having something rough getting in the way and poking away on my eyelid.  I was so so very tempted to just peel everything off... and of course I didn't.  It was some kind of super duper powderful glue.  I might probably peel off my entire eyelid. :p

It was so disturbing until it was written all over my face... hahaha... While the husband was talking away over brunch on Sunday, he just stopped whatever he was saying and said this... "We will find somewhere to get it off by today ok?"... hahahahaha.... any of you out there have eye lashes extension done and dont feel a thing poking???

Finally got them all off in the evening by the pro using some kind of special solvent and I was all ME again, with my very own lashes.  Lols...  I learned a lesson from this experience and I shared them with the husband.  I told him this...

"The moral of the story is, whatever that is not originally part of us like eyelashes extension, acryllic nail extension, hair extension and so forth would feel weird/uncomfortable/clumsy/awkward.  So I guess if I get a boob job done, it would feel the same too - weird/uncomfortable/clumsy/awkward."  He paused for a moment and replied this..."Not neccessary since it is embedded inside you..." (Men being men!  So typical!).  And I continued..."... probably I will be knocking things off with my bigger boobs since it is not part of me to start with and I am not used to the added dimension!" hahahahahaha......  the thought of it was so funny!  Lols...

Anyway, back to my eyelashes extension story.  Here are some pointers I found on the internet if you wish to get your's done.

1) Cheap not necessary be good.  - Mine was ok.  But finds it a bit messy and not thick enough.
2) Make sure it is a certified eyelash extension-er... :p - meaning, well trained and have good reviews.
3) To let them know exactly what you have in mind.  Preferably a picture.
4) Do not allowed extended lashes to come in contact with any oil based eye make up remover.  
5) It's a hassle to remove your eye make up.  Need to use a cotton bud to slowly remove them.
6) Never ever try to DIY the removal of your extension.  There are many online site that recommended to use eye make up remover, steam & so forth.  Just go back to the same place you have them fix to remove them.  Only them have the solvent to melt away those super glue. :p

So, good luck & have fun!


p/s: Oh, the lady said that so far, only 2 have got it removed due to irritation.  So rest assured that I am just a minority few. :)  Go ahead and try them!

4 comments:

Mrs. Pancakes said...

that sounds painful..but definitely an experience! merry christmas!

mun said...

Any photos of your ex-extended lashes to share here?

Alina Grace said...

Hahahahahhaah......I still remember the story when you told me. But you still look absolutely gorgeous with or without the extended lashes!!!

Redbabe said...

Thanks Mrs Pancakes & Happy New Year to you too!

Mun, sorry. Nope. I was too disturbed at that time... hhahahahaha

Alina... muaks! You the best!