WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Slightly Interesting Happenings (..last two weeks) - Part 1

Chit chatted with a friend thru msn today and she said "update your blog la... sien la..."...now blogging became a stressful thing to do... hehehehe....i've nothing to blog about. Not that I've a boring life or that I've no life or nothing interesting happen. Just that whatever happened are not interesting enough to be blogged about. Understand what I am trying to say?

So, I gonna blogged about what I’ve done for the past two weeks. Its gonna be really long. The slightly interesting stuff that I’ve done are I've watched 3 dramas, read two books, went to a temple, yumcha with a friend, had dinner with another friends, seen a skin doc, coloured my hair, had a new hair cut and last but not least, attended a fashion show on top of the other stuff which I usually do – dinners with in-laws, gym, shopping, house chores & work.





Two of three dramas that I’ve watched are Korean chic’s flicks - My Lovely Kim Sam Soon (16 episodes) & Full House (20 episodes), and the other one is from HK TVB called ‘The Silver Chamber of Sorrows’ (25 episodes). It is nice to once in awhile, glued in front of the idiot box, chasing all these melodramas, disc after disc. With a glass of nice hot tea and a box of tissues nearby so that I can cry whole-heartedly during those standard sorrowful scenes, e.g. girl love boy, girl and boy breakup because of family opposing to their relationship, with a romantic song playing in the background, they will show how girl & boy went thru the break up… damn cham one… sure tears will start rolling down the cheeks until *hic* *hic*…hehehe… oh, word of caution here, make sure u removed all eye make-up before watching, otherwise, with all the tears rolling down, sure will look like ghost one… swollen eyes, mascara stain all the way from eye till jaw line (unless you wanna get a part in Pontianak 4)…hehehe…

Some movies on the other hand, instead of making me cry as though someone just died, they make me feel constipated. You know constipation? Wanna shit, but can’t shit? This kinda movie arr…damn mang chang (agitated) to watch. Logically, certain character should do/say certain thing, but mana tau, the scriptwriter chose to do/say otherwise, that causes further complication in the already complicated storyline. You know those kinda movies? Where they have those complicated plots, conspiracy against conspiracy, father conspire against mother, mother conspire against father to get the family inheritance, end of day, an uncle from dunno where plotted a greater conspiracy against father & mother for the inheritance. It is very stressful to watch this kinda movie. Suspense all the way. 25 episodes some more. You would say, since watch until so kan kor (difficult), why still wanna watch? So, if you shit until very kan kor, you don’t shit is it? Die die also must shit right? Otherwise, lagi kan kor… So, for this kinda movie, die die also must watch till the last disc, at least, less kan kor lor…hehehe…


As I said earlier, I’ve also read two books. One of the book is called ‘Innocent Little Ghosts’ by the Venerable Master Hsuan Hua & his Disciples which I picked up from the temple when we were there to pray during the ‘Goddess of Mercy’ festival. I love to read all these Buddhadharma books. They usually incorporate examples of real life stories into the teachings. I find it easier to understand. This particular book, is about abortion. What happened to terminated life and so forth. I find its content an eye opener, at least, for me as a Buddhist.


The other book that I’ve just finished reading is ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns’ by Khaled Hosseini. He wrote ‘The Kite Runner’. It is a story about two Afghanistan girls, their life before the Taliban, their friendship, their endurance & their hardship during the Taliban, and their emerging from struggles after the Taliban. Eventhough it is a fiction, the hardship, courage, suffering & endurance are real. It’s saddening to read that such torture still exists in the 20th century. The book is a pleasure to read if you wish to understand what goes on in Afghanistan the last decade, how Afghan women were being treated. How the character in the book have to have her child thru caesarian without anesthetic. Sad hor… go read la… at least, after reading, you will know how lucky you are in Malaysia. So stop complaining about our DPM have nothing better to do than officiating hi-tech public toilets… hehehehe…



As I’ve mentioned, I went yumcha with a girlfriend. We had a really long yumcha session last week at Sunway Pyramid for 3 hours at least I think. If not because she have to pick up her boy, I am sure we will stay thru dinner. Hahaha…Just that, it had been quite a long time since we last have a chance like this. That’s why the 3 hours talking. After that, I did felt my voice was kinda coarse. Hehehehe……It is nice to have someone that is in the same wavelength to talk to. It’s like an outlet for our cooped up dissatisfaction/unhappiness over certain issues or with certain people. The person who is listening, just have to agree and support whatever we are dissatisfied about. And we take turns to talk. Never ever disagree or give one’s opinion. In situation like this, sometimes, we do know that certain things we said or do are wrong, but we are just so unhappy about it that we just want someone to agree & support our decisions. Once all toxic are let out, we will be rational. This I promise. ;) Agree or not girls?



Managed to meet up with another friends of ours for a sate celup dinner which we accidentally chance upon when we were heading to SS15 (taylor’s area, not sure it is SS15 or SS19, whatever la..) for dinner. The sauce is good, the hygiene is good, they don’t recycle the sauce, and they don’t recycle the stick. The only no good is, out of the four of us, two of us ended up lou sai (purge) the entire night. This is being blogged cause the one that lou sai was not me, it was Harrison and our other friend. :D Therefore, we are so not going back there again.



It’s already 1:45am now. I’ll continue my story another day. Meantime, hope you enjoyed this blog.

*…akan disambung*

No comments: