WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Deadly Mosquitoes

It has been such a long time since my last entry.  It feel almost like I ceased to exist.  How ironic in comparison to my blog's tag line... "Testimonial to existence of a being... ".  Ha!

Past few weeks have been rather depressing.  A very close colleague/friend lost her husband to dengue fever. Another new strain of dengue virus in fact.  It happened too fast.  Less than a week and he is gone.  We were all in shock.  Such great guy.  Depressing.  I could offer no words of comfort.  Just hope that 'time' would help to make the loss less painful for the surviving.  :(

Since then, I've gone a little crazy with mosquitoes repellent.  Especially so when our house is so near to a green patch.

Other than these...

Mozzie Clear Lotion for Gabb...


and these, Mosquito Repellent Patch on his shirt...


I've also placed these 'Antimos' around the house...


and plugged these in all corners.  I've refrain using this all these while due to unhealthy chemical reason.  But now, better to expose to a little unhealthy chemical than to dengue.  Or being in a situation of total helplessness when our love ones are suffering from the deadly virus.

So, have you protected your family?



1 comment:

mun said...

Sorry to hear about your friend's late husband. I heard about it through dayre. Must be a shock to her. Hope she is ok now.

Good to see you taking all these steps to protect your family from mosquitoes. I am going around the house every day checking that there are no stagnant water where mozzies can breed.

Lastly, I am glad to see you blogging again.