WELCOME to my blog.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Happy Chap Goh Mei

Happy Chap Goh Mei!  15th day of CNY and also the last...:)  Was back to work on the 9th day of CNY and am glad.  Glad to be back to routine. Was bored to tears during the holiday.  There is only that much food one can eat and that much shopping one can do and that much entertaining too.  I am tired of eating (and I dont eat much), tired of hanging out at malls, tired of entertaining.  I just wanna get back to work, reading and doing my things.  Lols...

CNY in the city is very much unlike CNY in outskirt.  CNY in the outskirt will be fully anticipated long before the festive season arrive. :)  You will get to see houses spring cleaning in full forces, airing out their furnitures outside the porch, after which, the red CNY decorations will be up.  People rushing about getting all goodies ready - wax meat, sweet meat, cookies, kuih kapit and even fire crackers in the illegal way.  The house will be filled with laughters of people on the eve gathered for reunion dinner followed by prayers to welcome the God of Fortune and lots and lots of fire crackers will be let off... It will be a merry atmosphere!  

CNY in the city on the other hand... you don't get to see anything.  Lols... It will be just another day.  Hahahahaha.... I tell you, I've never watched so much TV in my entire life!

3 comments:

mun said...

Happy Chap Goh Mei to you too! Next chinese new year, you will be busy running around with your mini-u or mini-spouse collecting lots of ang pows.

Unknown said...

CNY for me this year was quite funny and different...My parents actually brought the kuah carpet kiap kiap thing to make it here...I was only joking and we ended up eating more charcoal than any kuih carpet at all!!! Epic fail...Batter ended up being pancaka ala mum style.

Redbabe said...

Mun, I can imagine... looks like a tad more fun... :)

Paige... wah.. your parents very semangat huh? The kiap kiap all the way to Aust. hahahahaha....