WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Doing the things I love doing...

People asked me, what do I do?  I will reply, I do the things I love doing.  Basically, these are part of my job.
Of course there are some mundane stuff (whose work doesn't?), but mostly, they are pretty fun.  I organized little events for our department.  The great thing about this is, I am usually given free hand to do whatever I wished as long as I keep it within the budget and fulfilled the annual headcount required.
One of the main highlights of my job is to organize CSR activities (Corporate Sustainability Responsibility).  This year, we did two:
1) Volunteering at Fungates Soup Kitchen in Jinjang over a span of 3 months and
2) Tree planting at FRIM

We had so much fun.  I've always love doing charitable things.  Now that it is part of my job, with funds provided, it makes it even more fun. :)
Other than CSR, I also organizes things like off-sites event and various little parties.  And latest being 'Christmas' of course since it is around the corner.  We had our party last Friday.  Organized more or less 60 colleagues for 'Secret Santa'. :)  Everyone was so excited seeing presents piling up as the day draw closer!  It was always very fulfilling for me when I see them enjoying themselves.  More satisfying than monetary return.  Hehehe...
Last Friday, we also celebrated those whose birthday falls in the month of December. :)  It was not a big affair.  Just cake cutting, makan-makan, grabbing for our own gift under the tree and guessing out our Secret Santa!  It was a hillarious sight seeing everyone unwrapping their presents.  I learned something new that day.  There were actually such a thing - a condom with build-in vibrator!  Hehehehehe....
As the year coming to an end, with a new year unfolding around the corner, I am so excited for next year.  The plans that I've planned waiting to be executed.  Continue doing the things I love doing.  What else can I want more?


2 comments:

mun said...

May you continue doing what you love to do in year 2013! :)

Redbabe said...

Yeah... not only 2013... every seconds, every moment, forever. :)

May you too hv a fabulous 2013!