WELCOME to my blog.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Maybank Fraud Expose

I just went into my mailbox and found this rather misleading email sitting in there yelling out for my attention and thought that I should share it with you guys. Maybe some of you might have already known this but nevertheless I'll still like to share it to prevent any of you being conned out of your Maybank user id & password.

The email says:


"Dear Valued Customer,

Maybank found a serious security problem in your account as several unauthorized transactions were attempted from an unknown location. We have deactivated and also restricted access to your account for security reasons. Your immediate attention is required to reactivate your account. Please be informed that your account will be terminated if not activated now. Proceed Now: www.maybank2u.com.my

Sincerely,


Maybank Group"



Rather convincing huh? The email was from a mberhad@lead2u22.com email address. Why would a corporate bank have a 'lead2u22.com' email address??? As I never have a Maybank account, I knew immediately it is a fraud. So I sibuk-sibuk click on the link shown in their email and true enough, when clicked, it does bring me to a pretty believable 'Maybank2u.com' login site. But on closer inspection, the web address shown on that page is a branching out of some iov5may2u.com (http://www.iov5may2u.com/M2ULogin.htm) instead of the standard branching of a Maybank (https://www.maybank2u.com.my/).
What this crook does is, the moment you key in your user id & password, their system will automatically record it down. Then they will log into your maybank2u account and transfer out all your hard earn money.

Anyway, this is just another classic case la... just want you guys out there to be aware of this. Spread the words to your brothers, sisters, aunties, uncles, father, mother, friends... anyone la... just be extra careful when you receive emails from banks ok.




2 comments:

Gerry said...

Thanks babe!

Alina Grace said...

It is depserate times.....