WELCOME to my blog.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Drama-less Day + Neway Karaoke-ing

For once, for the past whole week that mom is here, there is no drama today. Just as I was getting used to it... hehehe... Today turned out to be a peaceful & harmony day filled with easy fun activities. No missing handphone, no opened gate, no snatch thief. All is well & good today.

We had a good night sleep last night. I slept till almost 11am. We went for brunch at the foodcourt nearby. I had western breakfast while mom had 'ipoh hor fun + prawn wanton' and a bowl of 'sui kow' (dumpling). Mom said that her hor fun tasted yummy just that she dont like the green dunno what vege they put in there. You know, those kind of vege that look similar to spring onion but it is not? It is called 'kow choy' (vege number 9)? Anyway, whatever la... as for mine, mah western breakfast lor... 2 slices of toasts + slab of baked beans + sunny side up + 1 sausage & ham that tasted kinda rubbery. You know, those cheapo taste type... it is plainly made of flour which has been shaped into a sausage or a ham kind? Like that lor... can filled up stomach can already la.. chin chai la...

Later in the afternoon, I organised a karaoke session at Neway in Cheras for the ladies (mom + her two cousins) as Cheras is the most strategic location for all of us. We were there from 1pm till 5pm and throughout the 4 hours, they were busy catching up on gossips rather than singing most of the time. Only me, me alone that is singing the entire time, shiok sendiri-ing. Well, as long as they are happy lor... ok what... got aircond, can sing song, some more can tok kok... quite fun also la despite of singing oldies most of the time. Like they always said, oldies but not mouldies! So, quite cool also la... hehehehe

After karaoke-ing, my aunt invited us over to her place. Back at her house, mom & I took turn to try on her Osim massage chair. When I stood up 25 minutes later, I thought I felt my body wrigglying, as if it has a mind of its own or perhaps like I am doing a really lousy breakdance/bodyrow like that. But when I look down, my body was as still all the furniture that is surrounding it. Hmm... the after effect of an Osim massage chair. Maybe if I sit on it more, I might be able to pick up breakdance or perfect that bodyrow move... just maybe... :p

We had dinner together later that evening. My aunty's nephew (Meaning, my second cousin - my mom and his mom are cousins. So he & me are 'second cousins'. Un or not understand?) and his family who is back from London, in-transit for Melbourne, joined us for dinner. He quietly paid the bill without us knowing... haiz... pai sey... it is nevertheless, a really good dinner. I still think we had too much food. Really need to start running... but then again, that stupid lingering haze. By time the haze is fully gone, I might have died suffocated in my own lark. Or maybe I might need a forklift to move me out of the house....lols.. damn haze... it is all your fault that i am rounded! Lols

After dinner, we proceeded back to my Aunt's place and continue with our 'Hari Ini Dalam Sejarah' session (Today in History) - who came from where, went where, did what, who died, what happened to who, why, when, old boyfriends, old girlfriends..... blah blah blah... I did enjoyed the whole session though. Anyway, I had always enjoyed their company. They are just really nice and warm people. I always felt right at home over at their's.

Oh, we did touched a little re my little monster that had been banished to the never never land of our backyard. Apparently they used to have a monster of a beagle too. My monster is an angel compared to their beagle. I was told that their beagle stole a side of the shoes from the whole neighbourhood. They were so embarassed by the mount of shoes it stolen that in the end, they hang up all those stolen shoes on her tree together with a sign that says "My dog is a shoe thief. If you see your property here, please take it back". Another time, they saw him running around the neighbourhood with a triumphant look plastered across his face cause he had with him, a stolen stocking flapping about on his mouth as he ran.... now that's a blardy hillarious sight to behold! I think, the thing is this. As long as it is not our dog that is doing it, it is hillarious. If it is my dog arr, I can die arr.....seriously, really can die one arr.... scratch head until botak also dont know what to do arr...

We finally called it a night at 10:30 and headed home. It was a good day for me & mom. We both had really good fun today.

I learnt a whole new meaning to family ties today. It is indeed very disheartening. I just pray for those involved to be strong, to never give up in search of the inner strength to forgive, and hopefully, to forget eventually too. It will not be easy. Nothing is.


No comments: