WELCOME to my blog.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Ten, Ten, Ten!!! We 'RAN' the walk!

Yesterday should be one of the main highlights for me in 2010.  An extreme HIGHLIGHT indeed with those fluorescent yellow/green shirt.  I am still feeling the 'high' from it.... lols
The atmosphere at 6:30am in the morning was electrifying with JJ from the Hitz Morning Crew prepping and motivating us up for the run.  Usher can be heard blaring out OMG from kick ass huge speakers every corners.  It was so loud that we actually used our walkman as earplugs.  :p  You can imagine.  Pity those rich folks staying in those expensive/exclusive condos nearby.  But then again, they might have dreamt they were at Usher's concert... lols  :p  
Photo from JJ's blog.

It was horrifying seeing the tees for the first time when we collected it last week.  But yesterday's morning, seeing it with thousands of heads bobbing up and down painting the town fluorescent yellow green as we ran along, it was super duper fantastically AWESOME!  I should have brought my camera (all photos here are taking thru my mobile and stolen from friends)! The sight were mind boggling.  Especially when the street lights went off at the breaking of dawn as the sky turned from black to dark blueish, we actually GLOW in the dark!!! Thousands of us went..."Wow................." simultaneously.  Lols......
 That's us after completing our 5km - Florence (partially hidden), yours truly and Mambo
This one here with all our faces in it taken from Mambo's mobile.  Wanted to take a photo with all the runners for our pledge but unfortunately,  everyone look the same yesterday.  Difficult to locate people.
We do not have a separate run number bib as our numbers are all pre-printed on our tees.  But we are each given a canggih monggih (hi-tech) use and throw strip like this one here which has priory been tagged to us to be hooked thru our shoe laces.  What it does was, it record the time we crossed the start line, the kilometer markers, the finish line and automatically compute the total time we took to complete the 5km.  All I've to do now is to just key in my bib number at their website and I'll be able to see how I did at the run.  Neat stuff huh?
The fastest time recorded for our 5km category were as follows:
Men's Open - 18:06
Women's Open - 23:15
Men's Under 25 - 19:23
Women's Under 25 - 19:01

5km in 18:06!  Goodness me.  3.5min per kilometer.  Must be sprinting all the way non stop.  Where did they get all those stamina/energy??  Shorter than half the time I took.  :p

Our group did pretty well too.  All of us completed what we set out to accomplish. :)  Achieving results better than what we expected!  Well done girls & boys!!
Gladys Lee a.k.a. Redbabe (5km) - 40:31 (approx. 8:06min/km)
Jo Lee (10km) - 60:00 (approx. 6min/km)
Lilian Yeo (5km) (t.b.a.)
Charlie Chia (10km) (t.b.a.)
Evelyn Ang Loo (5km) - 37:02 (approx. 7:24min/km)
Florence Lee (5km) - 46:27  (approx. 9:17min/km)
Mambo Ng (5km) - 47:24 (approx. 9:28min/km)
The organizer distributing bananas out to the monkeys runners at the Nike Carnival site :p.  Supply of energy and potassium.  We were searching for the banana booth high and low when we saw lots of people munching it down.  Not that we are hungry.  We were just greedy.  I had two which had me bloated with gas after that :p.  When I got home, quickly rushed to the toilet and farted the longest most disgusting fart in my entire life which reminded me of that FROG mtv.... prattt pratttt prattttt.... :p  It must have been a result from banana + 100plus + drinking water + breakfast and etc... lols.  A sure 'gas' concoction!  Yeah, I know, this part is pretty EWWWW.....hahahaha...
Went for a hearty breakfast at Levain along Jalan Delima, KL, after that (after the run.  Not after the fart. Hehehe :p)  It has recently been my favourite place to hang out.  Been there 4 times just the past two weeks. :p  They served freshly baked bread, cakes as well as lunches.  Very cosy place with colourful petunias everywhere. 
Together with our cafelatte, we had this bun which we called the 'alien' bun cause we thought it look cute. 
And this strawberry tart too cause it was pretty (tasted yummy too).
No, not just that alien bun + strawberry tart.  Those were just appetizers.  We each had a sumptuos breakfast plate too. :p  Yeah, ran only for 5km but ate like a king and queen.  What the heck... lots of effort ok for first timers.  Lols...
Florence & I got Ari (the purple guy above) as a memento upon completion of our run at the finish line.  I thought he looked sleepy and boring but Florence said he is not sleepy, he is just looking 'cool'.  Hmm.... -.-

I saw some other runners got Jay which was wearing really cool shades and I thought it might be because the time we took to complete was categorized under 'lousy/slow'.  That's why the sleepy  Ari character.... lols...  But when I found out Mambo got 'Jay' too, I knew it must have been random. :p

Thinking back, it was a little hillarious.  We were all so hyped up for this run.  All the trainings, talking, excitement and was even a little nervous a day prior to 10.10.10.  As if we were running 50km. Lols... all those excitement were just for a 5km run which lasted less than an hour.  Hahahaha.... 
But then again, whatever it is, most importantly, WE DID IT! We didn't just talk the talk but we even 'ran' the walk!  Good job!

6 comments:

Alina Grace said...

Go for you girl!!!!

Derek said...

WELL DONE! lol

Redbabe said...

tq tq... ;)

Mrs. K said...

Congrats! That's quite an accomplishment. I know you must be very proud. Those are indeed some funky looking shirts. LOL. I bet they did look cool glowing in the dark :) Btw, thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment on my "confession" post. LOL

What I Did Today said...

Woohoo! Go YOU! Way to rock the fluorescent green/yellow!

Redbabe said...

Mrs K & W.I.D.T. : thanks girls!