WELCOME to my blog.

Friday, January 8, 2010

The Ice Survived

The fun stuff that got me squelling excitedly yesterday was.... 'ice skating'! A friend suggested it last week and off we went yesterday afternoon together with her young son. I am always very 'on' when come to 'fun' stuff like this. Since I lost my guts to sky-dive (something I wanted to do very much after scuba diving 9 years ago), I better do this before my bones turn brittle... hehehe.
The second we were in the rink we went like.."Whose bright idea is this??!?".. lols.... The skate was so slippery and there were no grip on the wall to hold on to. We were like digging our nails into every tiny crevices we can hold on to for dear life! lols. I am not exaggerating. Seriously, it was like that.
***
We did some simple marching exercise to familiarise our balance. Our jaws dropped all the way down to the middle of the earth when the coach asked us to move to the center of the rink. Center??? No wall? No tiny crevices to grip. Oh no... Anyway, in the end, after 30 minutes of coaching, we survived. Managed to skate around the rink a little. It was not graceful, but ok. I fell on my bum bum once... lols. Luckily the ice didnt crack... hip hip hurah! hehehe...

3 comments:

mun said...

Bravo for doing this! Hhhmm, I don't think I have tried this before and I don't think I ever will. :)

Redbabe said...

hahaha... thanks thanks...

Alina Grace said...

Cool...sounds scary but fun!!!