WELCOME to my blog.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hurricane hit my home sweet home!

My house was hit by a hurricane over the weekend. It quieten down as fast as it has come..... it threw my house and my life into total choaticness. The hurricane that i meant was my family, which comprises of 3 adults, 1 maid & 2 furkids. Just imagine how it would be like to have a total of 5 adults + 4 furkids living in a 1000+sq feet apartment?? Yup, you got it.


As mentioned, it went as fast as it came. They arrived on Friday afternoon, messed up my otherwise idyllic settings, and went back to where they come from on Monday without leaving a hint of their presence. Thanks to our super maid.



Just a run thru of what we did. On friday, my mom accompanied me to salon for my hair cut which was long overdue (my last hair cut was in Feb 07). Instead of sticking to my usual trim, decided to give myself a new look. These are the comments I received.


Mom: hmm... cute la.... but not stunning like yr previous hair style. This kinda make your face look long.



Harrison: Aiyo....... I cannot recognised you le.... dunno wat to say la... cant give u any compliments... pls dont try this style again! (wtf??)


Lester: I dunno.... I've always like this kinda hairstyle. (thanks a million!)

Popo: Last hairstyle nicer. But this one also nice la... (so layan...)


Whatever it is, I kinda like it. At least this new hairstyle give me some attitude la.... I've been having the last hairstyle for the past 10 years.. sien lor...


Then on Saturday, we had lunch in Subang Parade and walked around a little. Then At 4pm, mom and I headed off to a spa to enjoy our massages cause mom said she never been to a spa. So decided to let her experience it. We had dinner at home after that and later at night, we went to NTV7 to support Hishiko. On the way there, mom and I had a row over some petty issues. Anyway, point is, I just want her to know that she dont need to try so hard to be in her best. She is already the best.


Then come Sunday, D-Day. Am very glad that all went well. Both parents seems to have a good time over dimsum. And the dowry discussions went on very diplomatically and a deal was made. Theoretically, at this point of time I am more or less sold. However, nothing is exactly confirmed yet until exchange of $$.. muahahaha... just kidding.


On Sunday nite, we went over to my uncle's place at Sg Long supposedly to celebrate MoonCake Festival. Instead of admiring the beautiful moon over mooncake and chinese tea, we had a great time singing our lungs out with his newly acquired karaoke set which has thousands of songs... by time we called it a night, our voices were already coarse! Hopefully the neighbours will ask for an encore....! lols....



On Monday afternoon, I left for work while they are still at home. I dropped by home at about 2:30pm and they've already left. The house was sparkling clean and you wouldnt believe they were even here (or did they??)... After 3days of choaticness, I kinda not use to the peacefulness now. Guess, it will take another 3 days of peacefulness for me to get use to it.


Nite!

11 comments:

Antonio said...

Nice story! Like the hairdo...

Redbabe said...

thanks antonio!

i said...

Nice hairdo! I can relate to the 'hurricane bit' lol!

"ME N MY MILLION DOLLAR" said...

nice pics, shld be the best one aft yr haircut?
aiyo, thks god l hav a super maid or else, teruk la........l m nvr good in house keeping n gladys is so fussy.....

Redbabe said...

errmm... its not that i am fussy... just that your house keeping sucks. :p

serendipity, glad that u understand what i meant by the hurricane bit..lols

traCe said...

Nice hairdo Red Babe! You look fresh...

Redbabe said...

Wah... thanks tracy... so now I am fresh! And previously, I am not so fresh...lols. jus kidding.

Anyway, I think this fringe can only last till next week... its getting longer. :(

Serena said...

Nice hairdo! This makes u look cute & younger :p. Hurricane?? LOL. Had a good laugh there

Serena said...

Nice hairdo! This makes u look cute & younger :p. Hurricane?? LOL. Had a good laugh there

Redbabe said...

Hey serena,

thanks for the compliment. :) my fringe is getting longer.. planning to keep it long until after my wedding. Then will cut again. hehehe...

Serena said...

Ohh.. Hehehe.. =)